What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to transfer video from iPhone to iPad

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, this stems from the need to transfer video shot on the iPhone 4 to my iPad 2 to edit in iMovie. It is a long winded method using iTunes to sync photos and include video to achieve this but I have found plenty of apps that can do similar wirelessly. I'm not interested in jailbreaking so only looking for official apps.

My main requirement is that this needs to work when on the road so will need to use Bluetooth or Wifi in ad hoc mode without an access point - preferably the option for both. Wifi across an access point is a bonus but my main aim is the ability to do this device to device without any other requirements.
Can you recommend any apps for this task?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't know of any apps. Just a quick suggestion.

You might want to use the Camera Connection kit instead. It would be faster and not require a network.

Johnmarshall4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app called: "Photo Transfer App" will do exactly what you want and is around 3.00 I think. I will transfer photos AND video between two iOS devices or between devices and a computer. It will use Adhoc WIFI or Bluetooth.

It is a really great app. I use it exactly for what you are mentioning, transfering video shot on the iPhone to the Ipad for iMovie.

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The app called: "Photo Transfer App" will do exactly what you want and is around 3.00 I think. I will transfer photos AND video between two iOS devices or between devices and a computer. It will use Adhoc WIFI or Bluetooth.

It is a really great app. I use it exactly for what you are mentioning, transfering video shot on the iPhone to the Ipad for iMovie.

Thanks although from reading the details on that application, it seems it doesn't support Ad Hoc Wifi connections:

Requirements:
* Access to a wifi network is required for this application to work

It will still do what I need though as I can use Bluetooth for the Ad Hoc connections when away from a Wifi network. I also found a couple of other apps that do the same thing like PicTransfer or PhotoSync to name a couple so I have found what I need.

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Pod Cast was cheering using the camera connection kit. From what they were saying was that its really fast and no messing around with wifi connections or bluetooth

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ended up buying PhotoSync last night as it seems the most feature complete. Excellent application - very simple and intuitive and not found a single issue so far. Speed of transfer across Wifi was very quick but even Bluetooth transfer was quicker than I expected - 55MB video file in around 2 minutes! Great for vacation when you don't have a wifi network nearby. Also supports Browser access to upload/download movies to a computer and they even have Mac and PC desktop clients for seamless syncing if required. Dropbox support on the way in next update too.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Okay, this stems from the need to transfer video shot on the iPhone 4 to my iPad 2 to edit in iMovie. It is a long winded method using iTunes to sync photos and include video to achieve this but I have found plenty of apps that can do similar wirelessly. I'm not interested in jailbreaking so only looking for official apps.

My main requirement is that this needs to work when on the road so will need to use Bluetooth or Wifi in ad hoc mode without an access point - preferably the option for both. Wifi across an access point is a bonus but my main aim is the ability to do this device to device without any other requirements.
Can you recommend any apps for this task?

I use an app called ps on the iPhone and pad, picture safe -no#1 privacy app. Download to each device, it uses blue tooth ,I use it to transfer pics and video I take from the iPhone ,in side app get pic/video from camera roll ,follow instructions

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks but I have already found PhotoSync which I am very happy with.

Most reactions

Latest posts