What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to sync Outlook Calendar with iPad?

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not allowed to access iTunes at work. I would like to find a way to get my Outlook calendar events into iCal somehow. In another thread I learned of an app, Allsync, that can handle contact lists. Does anyone know of a workaround for my situation?

apidej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my iPad2, use

Setting -> mail, contact, calendar -> new account -> Microsoft exchange -> then fill in your office email, mail proxy, etc.

Then, setting VPN by,

Setting -> VPN -> new VPN -> then fill in your VPN name, VPN server, user name & password.

After finish both setting, connect to VPN, when connected, VPN status will display on top status bar.
You should be able to access you outlook mail from Mail app and outlook calendar item from Calendar app.

Hope this will help.

SoCalGal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sync my outlook to my google calendar, and my google syncs to my iPad (and Android phone). No matter what device I'm using all my appts show up on my calendars

OP
NoBite

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apidej - I think IT at work has this locked down, but I will try. Thanks!

SoCalGal - I think I did this a long time ago, but could not get much of my Outlook calendar to sync with Google. Don't remember why not. Perhaps we use repeating events or some other feature not supported in the Google calendar. But, again, if I can remember how to do this, I will try. Thanks!

apidej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NoBite said:
apidej - I think IT at work has this locked down, but I will try. Thanks!

SoCalGal - I think I did this a long time ago, but could not get much of my Outlook calendar to sync with Google. Don't remember why not. Perhaps we use repeating events or some other feature not supported in the Google calendar. But, again, if I can remember how to do this, I will try. Thanks!

You're welcome. I hope you will figure it out.

OP
NoBite

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sync my outlook to my google calendar, and my google syncs to my iPad (and Android phone). No matter what device I'm using all my appts show up on my calendars

SoCalGal - I have done this! Remarkably simple, actually, and it looks like ALL of my events have migrated into Google Calendar and now that I have linked that calendar with iCal, I have the events in iCal on my iMAC.

I have enabled cloud syncing via MobileMe, but do not find the events being imported (or at least not being shown) on my calendars on my iPad2 or iPod Touch Gen2.

So, I synced the iPod Touch and enabled syncing of the calendars. That accomplished the import. Great! But, it would be best if I can have MobileMe do that wirelessly. I have the ability at work to access Google. They have not yet blacked that out! ;) So, if I periodically export a CSV file to the Google Calendar, my iCal will automatically update. Then, when I can break away at lunch and go to a spot with wifi, my iCal on the iPod Touch should update and I am good to go with an updated mobile calendar. Clunky, but it should work IF MobileMe will wirelessly work!

So, any ideas on how to troubleshoot why I don't seem to be getting automatic wireless updates on my mobile devices via MobileMe?

OP
NoBite

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea Team!!

I figured this out. What I simply needed to do was go into Settings, my GMAIL settings, and enable Calendar. I had previously only enable Mail.

Now, the Google Calendar information is being merged into my default iCal calendar on both mobile devices and my desktop. Woohoo!

Perhaps one day our IT department will give me access to us the VPN settings on my personal devices. Currently, that is taboo. But, until then, I have a workaround that is better than using my old Palm device.

Thanks to all here for your support.

malairt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a major corporate which frowns on non approved connections to the corporate intranet. However, the search function on the IT home page found the wireless access code and hey presto! I'm in. I now have access to Outlook via any WiFi connection with full 2 way sync.

OP
NoBite

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a major corporate which frowns on non approved connections to the corporate intranet. However, the search function on the IT home page found the wireless access code and hey presto! I'm in. I now have access to Outlook via any WiFi connection with full 2 way sync.

I envy your discovery!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the outlook <-> Google sync'ing approach even before I got an iPad. It works passably well even with an Exchange-based email account (as well as others).

However, I've found over time that it's both limited and sometimes problematic. A few months ago I happened onto the software cited below and have been very happy with its sync'ing features, both for email and calendar data as well as for other apps including tasks, notes, etc.

Thought others might find it worth exploring.

Fieldston Software - gSyncit - Sync Outlook and Google Calendars, Contacts, Notes and Tasks - Toodledo - Evernote

Chilledspode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I've been using the outlook <-> Google sync'ing approach even before I got an iPad. It works passably well even with an Exchange-based email account (as well as others).

However, I've found over time that it's both limited and sometimes problematic. A few months ago I happened onto the software cited below and have been very happy with its sync'ing features, both for email and calendar data as well as for other apps including tasks, notes, etc.

Thought others might find it worth exploring.

Fieldston Software - gSyncit - Sync Outlook and Google Calendars, Contacts, Notes and Tasks - Toodledo - Evernote

Hi there,
Like you I have tried a number of things... Found an iPad pro over the last couple of days and deleted 3 redundant accounts including exchange, caldev, and iCloud and things are working much better now. I have only my primary gmail account for syncing contacts and calendars between google and my iPad.

For syncing my work exchange info with my google account I have been using Sync2 for a couple of months and been very pleased with it. In short I have settled on two separate sync strategies with my google account in the middle and it is working quite well for 2 way syncing work exchange info through to my iPad and vice versa.

Note: sync 2 only does calendars and contacts - I will look into the Fieldston app you highlighted

Cheers

Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts