What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app to shut down iphone/ipad?

danlaw777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So im wondering if this may be available. Im looking for an app, actually my boss's boss's BOSS is looking for an app that he can touch to shut down his iphone/ipad with, close all appllications, put it to sleep....hopefully all of the above.

Has anyone seen an app like that?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, Dan.... - I don't think so but joining your thread to see what posts may pop up of interest? :D

Now the statement in your OP 'close all applications' is unclear, i.e. if you mean that all of the 'opened' apps in the multitask bar (MTB) need to be closed, then that becomes an issue - I just reset my iPad (holding the Power & Home buttons together for about 10 seconds - a HARD reboot basically) and the apps were still in the MTB - for the iPad, a passcode & smart cover is what I'm using - let us know if you find an answer - Dave :)

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you referring to an app that does all 3 at once or the ability to pick which one at a time? If you mean all at once its pointless. Shutting it down is simple by holding down the power button. While shut down there is no sleep mode. I assume you mean sleep mode as in just locking the screen? There is no sleep mode like with computers. And while its shut down the apps aren't really running much anyway.

Now if you mean the ability to do one at a time jailbroke devices have almost unlimited abilities with the correct apps. There are a ton of apps to assist with the multi task bar and closing apps. Even one that eliminates the multi task bar completely so every time you close an app it's actually closed and not running in the back ground. Not sure about apps to help you shut down the device. It's already as simple as possible really. Using an app to shut it down seems like more work actually.

iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroke :) iPad 3 6.1.3 not jailbroke :(

Most reactions

Latest posts