What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to locking tool

adelorie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,
I am looking for an App which I can lock or password protected some of my Apps from my iPad e.g. photos etc.
Any advise?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because of the way the iPad's operating system, iOS, works it is not possible for one app to 'lock' another in the way that you want. An app can password protect its own files or 'lock' them, but it cannot do this to another apps's files. Apple did this to isolate or 'sandbox' apps from one another in order to prevent any possibility of virus infection since any virus would be unable to infect or affect any other app.

Tim

DDuce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This feature would be great to have in iOS though. Some apps have it by default, i.e. financial apps.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not certain if this app would prove useful, but I use Stash which allows me to password protect certain files on my iPad away from tiny fingers.

Sadly it doesn't cover apps but does read a wide range of docs and photos etc..

Most reactions

Latest posts