What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to let you write on PDF?

butters149

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if there was an app to let you write directly onto the PDF? Like I can do my math homework on it and print it out. Kind of also how my professor does his lectures.

Thanks,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader is the app that can do this (there are others too, of course). You can write, with your finger, directly on the PDF - or post sticky notes, do all sorts of stuff and the changes are integrated into the PDF and will either print OK from GoodReader itself or from your PC. However, you need to be aware that some PDF readers (for example the one built in to the iPad's native Mail app) cannot read PDF annotations so, if you email the document to, say, yourself and try to read your annotated PDF using Mail's inbuilt PDF reader, the annotations - although there - will not be rendered.

But your PC/Mac desktop PDF reader will see them just fine.

GoodReader is great for transferring files to and from your PC and organising them on the iPad - look it up in the app store and read the reviews. It's cheap and well supported too. (I have no connection with the company, I should add!)

Tim
Scotland

iDevice.mobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim is right GOODREADER is one of the reasons why iPad is magical.This app allows you to write by finger plus it also lets you type on it,then print it out. You can write multiple lines and attach the author name to it.
Besides writing on it,different shapes also can be drawn.GoodReader allows to download PDF,email attachment,audio,video from websites directly to iPad.
All the files can be easily uploaded to WebDAV servers like Box.net or Dropbox right from the app.If you wanna email many documents at a time,you can zip them and email without leaving the app.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some other options too:
Noterize
neu.Annotate (which is free)
iAnnotate

lombardi3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't buy pdf-notes. At least not yet - they advertise pdf annotation and after spending $10 I discover pushing the annotation button only get me a dialog, "this feature not yet available".

It's suppose to be a much faster page flipper than Goodreader but they did rip me off.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't buy pdf-notes. At least not yet - they advertise pdf annotation and after spending $10 I discover pushing the annotation button only get me a dialog, "this feature not yet available".

It's suppose to be a much faster page flipper than Goodreader but they did rip me off.

When you receive your iTunes Store invoice with this item on it, call Apple and ask for a refund stating the reason why. Several Forum members have reported Apple were very receptive and credited their iTunes account with the sum in question. You need to wait until you receive your invoice because it has a reference number on it that Apple will need to know when you call.

Let us know how you get on....

By the way, I just looked at this product in the App Store and I noticed an interesting footnote. The developer stated that every app being recently updated will be removed from the in-app 'Open in' menu because of restrictions in iOS that mean it can support only 10 'Open with' options.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has noticed this with recent app updates.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions