What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to control ipad through iphone (remote control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matenrou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got a component av cable and was wondering if there are any apps that I can use so my iphone acts as a remote to pause/play the ipad that is connected to my tv :p

Davebarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can make your iPhone into a Bluetooth mouse with webe++ and install the appropriate btstacks

Or

You can install veency on your iPad and connect via iTeleport or similar

Either way it looks like you'll be jailbreaking if you want to have a cool iPad remote like me ; )

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sucks! When I use citrix I can use my iPhone via Bluetooth as a mouse. Whilst I know it's true, I still find it hard to believe that there isn't a "Bluetooth iphone mouse for iPad" app out there...

I'd jailbreak but had a horrible experience and now am really gun-shy..

butterflies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can make your iPhone into a Bluetooth mouse with webe++ and install the appropriate btstacks

Or

You can install veency on your iPad and connect via iTeleport or similar

Either way it looks like you'll be jailbreaking if you want to have a cool iPad remote like me ; )

Is this something you can do without the need of a pc/netbook and without wifi?

TT22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got Veency installed on iPad 2 and iteleport on iPhone 4s.... Please help

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't believe there isn't app for this - is it an Apple thing I wonder, which they're blocking? If it's not, maybe I'll get our coders to look into this and create an app - given the amount of people with iPads and iPhones, there has to be demand.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't and you can't simply access the entire SpringBoard (including starting / stopping third-party apps) from a remote app (not even a local one).

All in all, jailbreak.

Bjtj009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Control iPad with iphone Tango Remote App

I had this problem in the summer, didn't want to take my laptop on holiday just my iPad and iphone, but found an app called Tango Remote. Just search for it on the App Store. It's exactly what I wanted, can control the music playing from your iPad with your iphone and in reverse, both have to have the app open and linked to the wireless network. It sometimes crashed when connecting each other but you just need to shut the app down and start again. Well worth a look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts