What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to allow simultaneous playback on two ipads from a central storage device

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This question has come up on another forum, so I thought I'd check in here with the very knowledgeable members!

Basically, the OP is wanting to create a system in their car to deliver the same content to two iOS devices simultaneously. I'm expecting that they want their kids watching the same content on their own personal screen during a road trip.

I have already suggested a portable storage device for the content, and was thinking about the possibility of an app that could access the media them push it out to the other iPad so they play the same content on both screens. There would already be a basic wifi network set-up by the Wi Drive/Satellite/iUSBport.

Anyone come across an app that may do the above?

Thanks in advance!

dhewson777

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you asking if there is a device, app, or cloud, that you can access both iPad devices Media and allow for you to play from either playlist? iOS allows you to mirror displays from any OS device or HDTV. Apple's Air Play, enables you to do this. On your iPad you can double tap the Home icon or use 4 fingers and swipe up to reveal the multi-task bar. If a play transport does not appear swipe to the right for your transport to show up. Next, there will be an icon that has an symbol of a rectangle with an arrow facing up at the bottom of the rectangle. Click on this icon (Air Play Icon). The icon will bring up a prompt window where you may choose the device that you want to connect with. Then in this case for you, tap the iPad tab and switch on the Mirroring On/Off toggle switch. Finished! No additional apps, devices, or clouds needed to run this function if you have the 2nd iPad. Please, let me know if I was of assistance to you, would like to hear how it went.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

OP
dhewson777

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'll check it out. It's been a few months since I posted the question. I'll have to see if I can find the above-mentioned post in the other forum. :)

I never new you could mirror/Airplay to another iPad. Would not a local wifi network also be required (which, I guess, is inevitable anyway in this sort of set-up).

The downside though, would being having to set-up the Airplay each time, rather than just being able to push out content to the two iPads from the front seat so to speak (which is what the OP was wanting to accomplish).

Most reactions