What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to access external hd?

Trackstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Searching the app store is a pita...is there an app that will allow me to transfer photos to an exter
nal hd connected to my router? I.e., without going through my computer? Isn't there something that will allow me to navigate to the ip address of the hd and move files here?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about the app iFiles ($3.99, USD). I have it, but I barely understand how to use it. If you do a search here at the forum, there is a lot of discussion about it. If I remember correctly, people were using this app to access their external NAV drives.

Here's the link to the iTunes description to start you off: App Store - iFiles

Just to keep you from being confused: There is a jailbroken tweak called iFile, while this one is called iFiles (with the "S"). Just so you keep track of which app is under discussion...

Good luck in your search.

Marilyn

vicstylus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great thread. I agree with you, Trackstar, searching in the App Store for such a program has been a real PITA.

So far I've looked at FileApp, MyMedia, FileBrowser, and iFiles... as a noob I would love to know what program would work the best for accessing files on either a flash/hard drive connected via USB to the iPad (if possible) or to a flash/hard drive connected via USB to my router.

I don't care about the ability to view the files, just the ability to transfer files, create new directories, and to rename/move/delete files and directories as needed.

Most reactions