What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App that can delete pages in a PDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogitchidah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an app that will allow me to import a multi page PDF and delete selected pages?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes.

Note Taker HD will let you delete pages within a PDF file. You can also reorder the pages.

Then you can re-name the file and get it off the iPad either through iTunes or by e-mail. I don't think it supports cloud storage yet (or at least I can't find any support).

Although I don't remember the exact price, Note Plus HD is pretty inexpensive in the App Store.

Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
O

Ogitchidah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes.

Note Taker HD will let you delete pages within a PDF file. You can also reorder the pages.

Then you can re-name the file and get it off the iPad either through iTunes or by e-mail. I don't think it supports cloud storage yet (or at least I can't find any support).

Although I don't remember the exact price, Note Plus HD is pretty inexpensive in the App Store.

Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. I saw that in another forum but none of the demo videos or documentation indicated Note Taker can do that. It seems very focused on hand written notes as opposed to PDF's.

Does anyone here use Note Taker?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use it. Great little app. I reorder and delete written pages but haven't tried with pdfs but but there is so much you can do with Notetaker. I find many develooers respond to questions. Why not email the developer and ask him directly. He upgrades pretty consistently so its hard for his demo videos to show new options I suspect.

Edit: I just imported two multipage pdfs from Goodreader. I can reorder the pages, delete pages, annotate. There is also a brandy new version 5.0 with lots of new options. This is an app well worth every penny and it was quite reasonable.

Diane

Last edited:

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note Taker HD can reorder PDF pages. I just tried it from an imported file.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention - you can also add pages to a PDF file.

Very versatile little app, that Note Taker HD...

Marilyn

OP
O

Ogitchidah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I did email the developer and Dan responded back that it can be done "sort of". Obviously it was not the intended purpose of Note Taker but it seems it will do the job.

The nice thing about apps is they are cheap enough that even if they don't pan out, the investment is minimal.

Pottypuss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notability is a very well-endowed note-taking and annotating app that allows you to delete and rearrange pages in a PDF file. I've just tried it on a file I imported and it works beautifully. You can also do handwritten or typed notes, diagrammes, add images etc. you can record audio and have the words you type automatically linked to what was recorded at that instant. What's more, it allows you to open and edit RTF files (very handy)! You can save out to PDF, RTF or the proprietary format. You can automatically or manually synch to Dropbox, email the file, "open in" another iPad app, send via WebDAV or iTunes file sharing ......
At the time of my writing this, it is on sale for $0.99 / 69p / €0.79, an 80% reduction, so as you can see, even at the normal price, it's a pretty good deal.

G

Grytpype

There's an excellent app called PDF Splicer which is powerful and very easy to use.

You can add/remove/reorder pages, merge files, etc., etc. There's a demo video of it here: [video=vimeo;35275577]http://vimeo.com/35275577[/video] vimeo.com/35275577

Edit: Weird. I tried putting in the full link, but although it shows up in preview, it is blank when posted. I've added it above without the http: part - just paste that into Safari and it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grytpype said:
There's an excellent app called PDF Splicer which is powerful and very easy to use.

You can add/remove/reorder pages, merge files, etc., etc. There's a demo video of it here: Video Link: http://vimeo.com/35275577 vimeo.com/35275577

Edit: Weird. I tried putting in the full link, but although it shows up in preview, it is blank when posted. I've added it above without the http: part - just paste that into Safari and it should work.

Your original link works for me.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts