What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Sync Question

mattm30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I have an app (bespoke) on 2 iPads, is it possible to sync the app data between these iPads using a cable only. (no wifi, no cellular, no bluetooth, no computer, etc). The iPads need to remain 'in airplane mode' for a better term. However I need to sync the data collected on each iPad, in the same app, so the same data appears on both iPads after the sync and all that data is viewable on both iPads.

Thanks in advance.

OP
M

mattm30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thinking after I posted this, the other option I may have is to create an app on a PC to upload the data then download the full data back to the iPads. Any thoughts?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The methods that can be used to sync an app are up to the developer. There is no universal way to force it through iOS, with or without a network.

The only thing that would 'probably' create an exact duplicate from one iPad to another would be to do a backup on one, then restore using the same backup on the other iPad. This is of course all or nothing, and not suitable for conitnuous syncing.

A quick look at the Bespoke apps does not show any method for keeping the app synced across iOS devices witout using a network connection. You'd have to contact the developers to be sure.

Most reactions