What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App sync on iPad2 - Help

cricketb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 Peeps... why can't I move apps that downloaded to iTunes to my iPad2 manually? Do I have to "auto-sync"?
I attach my iPad to two computers (work & home) so I turn off Auto-sync

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it might receive better attention. I hope this is OK.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You Can

iPad2 Peeps... why can't I move apps that downloaded to iTunes to my iPad2 manually? Do I have to "auto-sync"?
I attach my iPad to two computers (work & home) so I turn off Auto-sync

In the apps section of itunes (the tab at the top) Open your apps page.

Look down and you will see the tickbox for "Sync Apps Automatically"

Untick it

Job Done :)

OP
C

cricketb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage, I don't have an issue simply syncing the ipad. The issue is, I purchased a few apps on my iPad2 and they didn't download because they were too large. But, I started iTunes from my work computer (which is not the computer I originally synced my ipad to) and it automatically downloaded Garage Band and two other apps (interactive Kids books) to iTunes... I then attached my ipad to the computer to try to retrieve those apps, and it won't allow me to move those apps to my iPad.
So, I spent $20 total on apps that I now don't have on my iPad and can't move them.

OP
C

cricketb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
found my solution... "re-download the app". So simple. *sigh*

Most reactions

Latest posts