What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App swipe!

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was just removing a piece of fluff from my screen, and I swiped my palm across the iPad... I didn't know that you could swipe between open apps!! I was in safari, and the whole thing swiped to the left and I was in a game, then I swiped again and got safari back... The only thing that used to bug me was having to press the home button to leave an app... Is this an iOS5 new feature, or was it always there?

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New in iOS 5…kind of handy, ain't it! ;-)

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes and I discovered it by accident. It really is better. I loved it before, so am reluctant to say I had little niggles with the iOS, but now, it really is so much better!

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The multitouch gestures in iOS 5 are awsome. It makes the iPad 2 feel like a new device! Now they need to let use toggle Newsstand on or off!!!!!!!

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know how before the upgrade, if you had say, Safari open, and then a game app, email, iPod, and whatever else, you had to use the home button to come back to the home screen, or double click the home button to who the bar at the bottom of the screen of all running apps? Well now, you can use a four or five finger swipe or pinch. So open a few apps, then when you're looking at this post, put five finger tips on the right of the screen, and swipe to the left... Then again, and you move between apps without touching the home button. You can also minimise the app you're in, by doing a pinch of the screen. When you're on the home screen, use five finger tips to slide the home screen up, revealing the list of running apps. There may be more, but at the moment that's what I've learned to do. Just play!

bkreso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings / General there is Multigestures setup On/Off and list of gestures.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
You know how before the upgrade, if you had say, Safari open, and then a game app, email, iPod, and whatever else, you had to use the home button to come back to the home screen, or double click the home button to who the bar at the bottom of the screen of all running apps? Well now, you can use a four or five finger swipe or pinch. So open a few apps, then when you're looking at this post, put five finger tips on the right of the screen, and swipe to the left... Then again, and you move between apps without touching the home button. You can also minimise the app you're in, by doing a pinch of the screen. When you're on the home screen, use five finger tips to slide the home screen up, revealing the list of running apps. There may be more, but at the moment that's what I've learned to do. Just play!

I believe this only works on the iPad2 though?

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Most reactions

Latest posts