What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Suggestions?

kevinbri79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting to run out of ideas for apps to download, anybody out in the community would like to give me suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download the free NASA app and watch the second spacewalk of this Space Shuttle mission - live, now!!

Wonderful video from the Shuttle, Space Station (inside and out) and the cameras mounted on the astronauts helmets as they work outside the Space Station. All of it live!! Wonderful, riveting...

Tim

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download the free NASA app and watch the second spacewalk of this Space Shuttle mission - live, now!!

Wonderful video from the Shuttle, Space Station (inside and out) and the cameras mounted on the astronauts helmets as they work outside the Space Station. All of it live!! Wonderful, riveting...

Tim

Yeah I love that NASA app. I was on the ferry from Cape Cod to Martha's Vineyard to the other day and I was watching some NASA video. I turned around and had 4 people looking over my shoulder..lol Why do people assume you have money if you own any Apple product?? I'm presently unemployed so yeah..not exactly rolling in cash..lol I was lucky in that my previous company gave me a generous severance package. Sorry went a little OT there.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was a kid I dreamt of being an astronaut - never made it but watching from the helmet mounted cameras is almost the next best thing. You get a real sense of being there. Many thanks, NASA and all of the kind people in the US whose taxes paid for it. I really appreciate it.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
When I was a kid I dreamt of being an astronaut - never made it but watching from the helmet mounted cameras is almost the next best thing. You get a real sense of being there. Many thanks, NASA and all of the kind people in the US whose taxes paid for it. I really appreciate it.

Tim

I still can't believe how far we've come since the moon landing! Such a shame there isn't the money for more explorative missions!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Starting to run out of ideas for apps to download, anybody out in the community would like to give me suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Hello Kevin - I'm new to the iPad2 and still loading them onto the device - check out the websites for PC World & PC Magazine - they often have articles on iPad apps, such as HERE - PC Mag

Also checkout magazine stores - wife picked up one called the '2011 iPad Handbook' w/ reviews & ratings on hundreds of apps - good luck in your search - :)

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Fotopedia National Parks app is $3, but for that you get around 3,000 absolutely stunning photos. Great value, IMO.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kevinbri79 said:

It's great that you want to have a lot of apps. We all do and I'm certainly no exception. But just remember that our iPads only have a limited amount of space on them.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

That sounds like a pretty cool app. But which one are you referring to? I'd like to see the Space Shuttle mission.

Most reactions