What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App suggestions for editing MS Office files on the iPad2

sp@nky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just new to the forum as I just made my first Apple purchase. The iPad 2. Loving it so far. I used filebrowser to connect my iPad2 to my time capsule. Now I would like a good MS office file app that will allow me to create and edit docs on my iPad and save them without taking away any of the formating when I reopen the files in Microsoft Office.

OP
S

sp@nky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both. I've been debating between them both. Seems pages has a lot of limitations. As for Docs to go there's not a lot of reviews, well on the app store anyways. Any issues editing with docs to go, particularly in excel?

OP
S

sp@nky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox for viewing/editing for me.

Is there another part of this app that is used for editing? I know you stated editing in your post but from what I'm reading on this app, its strictly an online file storage and sharing. Maybe I'm missing something..

vegaswallacy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think dropbox is just for viewing. I use it for my Mac, iPhone and iPad. I've not tried any other file sharing platform though. I'm very happy with dropbox. There is a great thing about it. When u choose a file you have the option to send it to another app. So if you find a .doc and want to edit it you just use the option "open in".

About office I still thinks what to buy as well.

Vegas

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try these - all are paid

Office 2 HD - cheapest
iWork (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
Doc to go
Quick Office

But if your spread contains complex forumlas and your Word document contains complex formatting with images, diagrams etc. then note that none of these apps will be 100% compatible.

beary7823

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vegaswallacy said:
I think dropbox is just for viewing. I use it for my Mac, iPhone and iPad. I've not tried any other file sharing platform though. I'm very happy with dropbox. There is a great thing about it. When u choose a file you have the option to send it to another app. So if you find a .doc and want to edit it you just use the option "open in".

Vegas

Yesterday I just read about 'dropbox' on a magazine too. And I've just downloaded it too :)

OP
S

sp@nky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just from reading the reviews office2HD does not have the print function, do the other apps have this capability from the iPad2?

kerrius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.atlasprojects.com.au
Dropbox Rocks

Vegas

Dropbox rocks! It's the easiest remote directory to work with on either Mac or PC. No editing within Dropbox itself but so handy not to have to carry around a USB stick or CD just in case you need a file. So easy to install, use and it's FREE (there are paid options, but the FREE one does exactly the same thing, just less storage capacity).

Most reactions