What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App stores

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first got an iPad I lived in South Africa and bought apps in the South African store. I am now in the USA. I don't use a credit card but buy gift vouchers to fund purchases etc on my new account I created on the US store. I now can't buy upgrades or in app purchases for my old South African apps. Is it possible to transfer them to the US store? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I first got an iPad I lived in South Africa and bought apps in the South African store. I am now in the USA. I don't use a credit card but buy gift vouchers to fund purchases etc on my new account I created on the US store. I now can't buy upgrades or in app purchases for my old South African apps. Is it possible to transfer them to the US store? Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to update the apps you purchased in the South African AppStore you will have to sign out of the U.S. AppStore and sign in to the South African AppStore using the same Apple ID and password you used in South Africa. To make in-app purchases for your South African apps you will need a South African iTunes gift card. If they want a South African address, use the one you lived at when in South Africa.
Your South African apps cannot be transferred to your U.S. AppStore account.

Last edited:

Most reactions