What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies in advance but this issue has just turned up on my iphone 4 but it's an app store thing and I am not a member of an iphone forum. Hope it's ok...
I have just received a message to update an app by the name of g-toolkit by a company based in Hungary. Funny thing is I don't have that app on my iphone and never had! How can this happen? Is the app legit? I find it highly suspicious since it's the first time I've even heard of the app (obviously i don't have it on my Ipad either). Now I'm worried my account may have been hacked.
Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on this phenomenom.

All the best.

OP
P

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Sweetpoison... I confess to feeling lazy about registering to yet another forum...and thought since it's an App store related issue as opposed to an Iphone only thing someone might shed some light.
I suppose since this particular app is iphone specific it may not be relevant here.
Ok, how can I get rid of and update message in the app store without updating?????

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We will get this done.:) I bumped you, now, to our App Section and let's see if someone will pop in and help! That is probably where your thread came from and I bumped you to Off Topic.

oops!

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the update notification appeared IN the App Store, then it is more likely legitimate than not. I've had apps that were installed, and due to one reason or another, the developer had to change the name. It's then dependent on the developer to put the notification into the app update that there was a name change. Some may or may not do that very well.

If the app update notice was by some other means, a Safari popup or something, then it is probably a scam.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I jumped to the conclusion that it was an email, or something. If it is in the App Store update section, then it's probably what James said.

OP
P

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it's an update notification within the app store. I'm still wary of accepting the update; the only app I have which has anything to do with Google is the Google app which comes directly from Google. This update is a toolkit for Google by the looks of it...
I guess I'll hook up to itunes and see what happens.
Thanks everyone!

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked up "g-toolkit" and from the reviews, it looks like it might have been a GMAIL app before, but the new toolkit doesn't look to be a ggod move either. I'd suggest not updating it either.

OP
P

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for looking it up James. Much appreciated.
Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts