What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store updates

pcastricum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the New iPad (iPad3) and updates for a number of apps I have installed are listed when I click the App Store icon.

There are some updates that I don't want to launch as they do not apply to me, example: there's a update for Dropbox Ver 1.5.5. dated Sept. 17 - update is to support Korean - I am not interested because I am not or do not speak Korean.

My question is this - how can I delete updates that I am not interested in?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not delete updates.

However, unless you've found out the new version of the app is broke or something, there isn't much reason not to update. While you may not speak Korean, the app isn't going to make you use the additional language. The updates almost always come with a bug fix or two as well, so it is usually a good idea to let them update.

OP
pcastricum

pcastricum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for information - as you say, what's the harm of updating - you can always delete the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

Occasionally there is a problem with an update, so if the app is vital to your day it's best to wait a day or two, then check the App Store description and reviews to make sure they didn't accidentally break something.

Unless you've synced/saved your app in iTunes on a computer, there is no way to roll back to a previous version.

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't want to update your application, just don't update.. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts