1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App Store updates

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by pcastricum, Oct 20, 2012.

1. pcastricum

pcastricum iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have the New iPad (iPad3) and updates for a number of apps I have installed are listed when I click the App Store icon.

There are some updates that I don't want to launch as they do not apply to me, example: there's a update for Dropbox Ver 1.5.5. dated Sept. 17 - update is to support Korean - I am not interested because I am not or do not speak Korean.

My question is this - how can I delete updates that I am not interested in?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,019 / 1
    You can not delete updates.

However, unless you've found out the new version of the app is broke or something, there isn't much reason not to update. While you may not speak Korean, the app isn't going to make you use the additional language. The updates almost always come with a bug fix or two as well, so it is usually a good idea to let them update.
  3. pcastricum

pcastricum iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for information - as you say, what's the harm of updating - you can always delete the app.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,019 / 1
    No problem.

Occasionally there is a problem with an update, so if the app is vital to your day it's best to wait a day or two, then check the App Store description and reviews to make sure they didn't accidentally break something.

Unless you've synced/saved your app in iTunes on a computer, there is no way to roll back to a previous version.
  5. kulit_12

kulit_12 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you don't want to update your application, just don't update.. :)