App store updates

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dawillie, May 9, 2013.

1. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm having trouble updating my apps thru the App Store every time I push update, whether its all or just one it asks me to sign in and it takes me to my billing..which I had put my debit card on it but all my apps are free, anyway my card is being declined which I know why but i don't understand why it just won't go ahead and just update. Any suggestions old be greatly appreciated.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0
    Try setting your payment type to 'None', and see of that helps.
  3. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't believe that there is one but I don't see why my payment method or my billing info should affect me updating my apps ya know it's really starting to irk me because I would like to update my gmail, & twitter
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,336 / 2
    I don't know if it matters to updating apps, but debit cards are not accepted as payment method any more. You're not the first one in iPF having problems because of a debit card.
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't find away to clear my billing ino...it has no selection for "none" but the debit card isn't the problem...it's asking me to sign in (which I do) then tells me my payment method is invalid or whatever (which I know) that's why I wanna remove my billing info so that I can try and see if that will work so that it will update my apps..aso it never did this but like right after I used the app stre credit CDROM the App Store cards that you can buy butt, the only thing I can remember using my debit card on it was for a game or a school word program app, and that's if I even did use it for that rather than the app card points. It is very frustrating and I've emailed apple support 3 times with vauge replays that do not help.
  6. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *app store credit from* lol not CDROM
  7. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,336 / 2
    If you want to change your payment method, here's the way to do it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1918

As you've already purchased some apps, I don't know if it's possible to change to '"None". Perhaps someone else can tell you.