1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App store updates

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dawillie, May 9, 2013.

1. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm having trouble updating my apps thru the App Store every time I push update, whether its all or just one it asks me to sign in and it takes me to my billing..which I had put my debit card on it but all my apps are free, anyway my card is being declined which I know why but i don't understand why it just won't go ahead and just update. Any suggestions old be greatly appreciated.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +849 / 0
    Try setting your payment type to 'None', and see of that helps.
  3. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't believe that there is one but I don't see why my payment method or my billing info should affect me updating my apps ya know it's really starting to irk me because I would like to update my gmail, & twitter
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / 1
    I don't know if it matters to updating apps, but debit cards are not accepted as payment method any more. You're not the first one in iPF having problems because of a debit card.
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't find away to clear my billing ino...it has no selection for "none" but the debit card isn't the problem...it's asking me to sign in (which I do) then tells me my payment method is invalid or whatever (which I know) that's why I wanna remove my billing info so that I can try and see if that will work so that it will update my apps..aso it never did this but like right after I used the app stre credit CDROM the App Store cards that you can buy butt, the only thing I can remember using my debit card on it was for a game or a school word program app, and that's if I even did use it for that rather than the app card points. It is very frustrating and I've emailed apple support 3 times with vauge replays that do not help.
  6. dawillie

dawillie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *app store credit from* lol not CDROM
  7. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,942 / 1
    If you want to change your payment method, here's the way to do it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1918

As you've already purchased some apps, I don't know if it's possible to change to '"None". Perhaps someone else can tell you.