What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store transfer

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI Ive got an Iphone, Ipad and Ipod and when I downloaded an app from the app store on my Ipad, it automatically used to send it through to my Ipod and Iphone, but this is now not the case - I may of changed something by mistake but not sure what!Please could you let me know how I can ensure when I download an App it is downloaded to all of them? Help Please. Also I have just downloaded one on my ipad which I have paid for and now want on my iphone and ipod, is this possible or do I have to pay for each individual one? Thanks Debbie

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI Ive got an Iphone, Ipad and Ipod and when I downloaded an app from the app store on my Ipad, it automatically used to send it through to my Ipod and Iphone, but this is now not the case - I may of changed something by mistake but not sure what!Please could you let me know how I can ensure when I download an App it is downloaded to all of them? Help Please. Also I have just downloaded one on my ipad which I have paid for and now want on my iphone and ipod, is this possible or do I have to pay for each individual one? Thanks Debbie

This should be turned on on your iPad: Settings - iTunes & App Stores - Automatic Downloads - Apps. Something similar has to be on your other devices, to get apps to all your devices.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Go to Settings>iTunes & AppStores and check to see if Automatic Downloads is turned on.

image-163476096.jpg

If it is turned off, you'll have to manually download the apps to each device. However you do it, you only have to pay once for an app.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings > iTunes & App Stores > tap On for automatic downloads of apps, music or books.

Do that on all your devices, or some, depending on what you want.

That will work in most cases. (An app designed just for iPad will not load onto your iPhone, for instance.)

OP
D

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all so much, have changed all settings on everything, so all future downloads will go to each device - so can someone just let me know how to manually download the apps to each device, as I have some on there already that would like on the other devices - thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much, have changed all settings on everything, so all future downloads will go to each device - so can someone just let me know how to manually download the apps to each device, as I have some on there already that would like on the other devices - thanks

Go to the AppStore on your device and check the purchased list, apps purchased will appear there. The ones not on your device will have the cloud symbol next to them. Tap the cloud to begin the download.

image-2318355988.jpg

OP
D

Deb960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fantastic - all done - again thank you so much for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts