What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store search?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Usually when I search game loft games it gives me the first page and the arrows to view the rest. Now, I can't scroll and arrows are faded. Am I missing something, thanks

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Hmm... Using iTunes on the PC and a search of Gameloft I show 58 iPad apps. From my iPad in the App Store I show the same. "See all>" works fine in both instances and the > in App Store on the iPad works fine. All 58 apps show on the "See all>" page in iTunes on the PC. Perhaps a re-boot is in order?

SuperCooper06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also cant scroll in app store

I thought I was going crazy. I also cannot scroll when searching the app store. I have tried hard reset, and settings reset with no luck to fixing the app store.

After I search, and select "view all", i cannot scroll bc the arrows are greyed out. If I then select an app to view, and return to the search screen, all of the icon pics are missing, and the arrows are "lit", but they do not function. At this point, I also lose the ability to do a "sort by:___". I can select one of the 4 options, but the app list does not change.

The only thing I have done different to the ipad was Update its os from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2. Has any one else done this update / not done the update and seeing the same app store issues?! :mad::confused:

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Subscribing.

I'm having the same issue... Seems to have started after updating to 4.3.2

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner

Morac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been seeing this problem since around last Thursday. The problem occurs when an app you have installed shows up in the search results. If that happens, then the arrows will be grayed out and it won't be possible to go to the next page of results. Also if more than one app you have installed shows up in the search results, only the first app will show as installed.

There used to be more problems such as the app store not allowing you to review apps you've purchased and never showing any installed apps as such, but those appear to have been fixed. Searching is still a problem though.

SuperCooper06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. I hope its an apple / app store thing, since people with the 4.3.1 OS version are seeing it as well.

I also see the correlation with searching apps that are "already installed", as I am continually trying to search for apps that do VNC, RDP, ect., and that is one of the searches that seems to have the most problems, while searching for something that I have never searched for, like, flower for instance, can sometimes let me scroll normally. It is hard to say however, because this condition seems erratic at best.

I have basically not been using the app store for several days... which is lame, bc its one of the cool ways to blow time and find new sweed apps on the ipad! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts