What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store not notifying me of updates

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short version. Some months ago after updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3.something I noticed I was no longer getting notices about updates in the App Store (little number on the App Store icon), unless I opened the App Store and looked.

I did a complete wipe and reload of the OS and still have the problem with 4.3.5 installed.

Long version. I was using 4.2.2 jailbroken for a long time. It was working, but decided to update to current (at the time) 4.3.2 (I think). I didn't wipe and reload the OS, just installed the update from iTunes and the jailbroke it again. Seemed to be working fine except I notice the problem with not receiving notices about App Store updates on the icon.

I assumed I probably messed up by not wiping the iPad before doing the update. So I wiped, and reinstalled a fresh copy of the OS. Loaded the lates 4.3.5 now. Didn't even jailbreak this, time. So it should be pretty much stock. But I'm still having problems with not getting updates.

I have been using iTunes to backup and restore the iPad, so I might have transferred whatever the problem was when I restored the backup, maybe. So maybe I'll try wiping it again and not restore from a backup, just to see if I still have the problem.

But curious if anyone might have seen this issue and have any ideas on how to fix it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It may just be me - but I've never gotten updates from the App Store unless I went to the store. This is when I was running stock, all the way from iOS 3-something to now on iOS 4.3.3, jailbroke or not.

So, I'd also be interested to know if that's normal behavior...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts