What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app store not finding some apps ??

Jdh1947

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app store does not pull up Prey Anti-theft (iphone app), nor Mapquest. Maybe others... anyone else finding this behavior??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That is weird!

I can pull up Mapquest on my iPhone running iOS 5.1.1 (it was just updated on October 31st). In fact, I just downloaded it onto my iPad3 (also running iOS 5.1.1). But, I can't find it in the App Store on my iPad Mini (running iOS 6.0).

Here is the results from the search on the Mini:

View attachment 28922

Then, here is the App Store search results on the iPad3:

View attachment 28923

See how it says installed? Well, I go back to the Mini and Mapquest does NOT show in my Purchases tab (even though it's on the iPad3). It's an iPhone app, but that shouldn't matter.

I don't know the reason for this. But it is rather odd... Maybe the developer can explain it?

Marilyn

P.S. I found the same with the Prey Anti-Theft app, though I didn't download that one (or take screenshots).

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maquest shows up under iOS 6.0.1 on my iPhone 5.

Mickey330 lets see if we can solve this issue together :D

Is your iPad 3 LTE?

Is your iPad Mini LTE?

Because if you answer Yes and No then the lockout maybe for GPS enabled devices only.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, cool. That'd explain it. The Mini is WiFi only, while the other two devices are 3/4G capable. So, there's the common denominator (not iOS).

Seems as if the developer is the one "cutting their own throat," then. There are other navigation apps that do show up on the WiFi-only Mini (Navigon, for example).

So, it's not a glitch ... just the way the developer IDs which device this app can run on.

In other words - nothing to see here folks. Move along...:D

And thanks, Skull. I was fixing to start my own conspiracy club! Needed that sanity check (and the edjumacation). Ta. :)

Marilyn

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was fixing to start my own conspiracy club!

Hey now. Don't rush to a hasty decision. No one said you couldn't start one. All it would need is a half baked truth, a little hysteria and we could get one going quick, fast and in a hurry. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts