What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store never accepts Password

Brisvegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have to make new password every time I want to download an App...so frustrating.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you create a new password every time you download an app?

Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store. Tap the Apple ID there and select "Sign Out". Then sign in again with the same Apple ID.
I hope this will help with your problem.

OP
B

Brisvegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you but tried that and still says incorrect password. I must have about 6 passwords by now. I have a different password for Itunes and I am having trouble with it also.

I am signed in to Itunes but it does not sync. The summary tab is unavailable. I have. De-authorised and re- authorised the computer and that worked once and now not so. Tried again but no luck. I window with the Apple logo nothing registers. It I ported a CD ok. Devices is greyed out.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When it says incorrect password, this doesn't mean you have to create a new password every time.

To access iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store and iTunes, you have to be logged in with the same Apple ID on iPad and iTunes on your computer, or else they won't work together.

Try this:
Go to this website: https://appleid.apple.com
Select "Reset your password" and follow the instructions. Choose a password and write it down. It's important to remember capital letters and all the various signs you enter, like.,?!#...
Answer your security questions, or verify using email or get a recovery key, if you use 2 step verification.
Change the password and use it on your iPad and in iTunes afterwards.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use 2 step verification for your Apple ID?

When you purchase an app, a book, music, movies, ... you'd have to enter the password AND a verification code.

OP
B

Brisvegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go to the site you mentioned all the time to change passwords.
The PC has worked in Itunes with a different password. It stopped working and I de authorised it and re authorised it and it worked. Then it stopped working.

I am afraid to cancel password on PC Itunes as it might not accept,the IPad App Store password.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The password in iTunes and App Store are the same, they shouldn't be different.

Once again: do you use 2 step verification for your Apple ID?

OP
B

Brisvegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean. I put in email address and password. Same email for both.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I meant. Sorry!

If you don't know what 2 step verification is, you won't use it, I suppose. It could create exactly the problem you're experiencing, because some people forget that they need the password for the Apple ID and a verification code to use it/purchase apps, music, ....

OP
B

Brisvegas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying then not to bother getting it.? This problem started when I was in Canada having left Australia. Now I am back nothing has been right ever since.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the details of your Apple ID.

Tap it, then select "View Apple ID". Make sure the right country is set up, the payment information is right, ... everything that's possible to look at. If there's any wrong information, correct it.
Agree to terms and condition, if this pops up.

Most reactions