What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store keeps randomly opening up

AshlandDee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is so annoying! It happens when I am playing Spider Solitaire, when I am browsing, or even checking email. I thought maybe I was clicking too fast, but no. I went to settings and disabled notifications from the app store. No change. What is making the app store open up randomly all by itself? Sometimes it opens up a window in Safari and then the app store opens up along with it. Why?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That happens to me to when I'm playing Sudoku which is in the same group. I notice that it happens more often when I accidentally touch somewhere near the bottom of the screen.

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
AshlandDee

AshlandDee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nelumno_nucifera_open_flower_-_botanic_garden_adelaide2.jpg
That happens to me to when I'm playing Sudoku which is in the same group. I notice that it happens more often when I accidentally touch somewhere near the bottom of the screen.

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2
Hmm .. Maybe it's that lower screen thing. Thanks. I'll try to notice next time it happens.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nelumno_nucifera_open_flower_-_botanic_garden_adelaide2.jpg

Hmm .. Maybe it's that lower screen thing. Thanks. I'll try to notice next time it happens.
Did it help? I'm left handed and there are a few things that just won't work unless I use my right one! Weird but true![emoji39][emoji172]H [emoji172] U [emoji171] G [emoji169] S

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
AshlandDee

AshlandDee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting - yes, I'm keeping my fingers away from the bottom of the screen. heh heh

I'm a leftie, too ... constantly adjusting cords & things because of it. Whoda thunk an iPad touch screen would favor right-handed-ness. Good observations! I'm still trying to love my iPad but there are so many limitations & workarounds. .... sigh .... anyhow .. Happy weekend! :rolleyes:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Back at you! YAY! Finally another leftie who experiences the quirks where you must use your right hand! [emoji39][emoji172] I found it frustrating at first but now I really don't notice ( get frustrated ) because I've used it often enough to not really notice I'm making adjustments [emoji39] Every once in a while I will try to do something without success and then the first thing I try is using my right hand/finger! You have made me so happy because when I first started using my iPad I posted and asked if anyone else noticed being a leftie is sometimes frustrating and not one other person experienced what " WE " did! Thanks again, you made my day![emoji172][emoji170][emoji4][emoji169][emoji173]️H [emoji172] U [emoji171] G [emoji169] S

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Back at you! YAY! Finally another leftie who experiences the quirks where you must use your right hand! [emoji39][emoji172] I found it frustrating at first but now I really don't notice ( get frustrated ) because I've used it often enough to not really notice I'm making adjustments [emoji39] Every once in a while I will try to do something without success and then the first thing I try is using my right hand/finger! You have made me so happy because when I first started using my iPad I posted and asked if anyone else noticed being a leftie is sometimes frustrating and not one other person experienced what " WE " did! Thanks again, you made my day![emoji172][emoji170][emoji4][emoji169][emoji173]️H [emoji172] U [emoji171] G [emoji169] S

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

You guys aren't the only lefties here, I'm one as well. I've had the App Store open on me several times with different games, so I've resorted to using a stylus so that my hand is not as close to the screen and less likely to trigger the ad or whatever it is that opens the App Store.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since it's true that the brain controls the opposite side of the body, then that means lefties are the only people in their right mind. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I figured out it is from touching the bottom left with the base of my hand that does it. Really I only have to graze it and it goes to the App Store! It doesnt help to change positions either. I tried it from all four settings and if I relax it just happens and I go GRRRRRRRR, then go back to the game until i relax again and GRRRRR [emoji39][emoji4][emoji51][emoji7][emoji39][emoji41][emoji172]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts