What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store jammed

borderlandboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my ipad mini retina. I was looking at a newspaper subscription page on the App store, but now cannot get out of the sign up page and back on to the App store frontpage. It's not a full screen freeze as the open button on the paper's app page works as do some of the other buttons, but the subscribe button just goes straight back to the same page. Can I somhow reboot the app store app?

OP
B

borderlandboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This must be the sort of benefit catholics get from confession! I have found the answer myself by thinking a bit more about it. When a page is frozen, you can reset by simultaineously pressing and holding the sleep/wake button and the home button both for 15-20 seconds, wait for the apple logo to reappear, then open using the home button and presto all is well!
Thanks for this piece of catharsis!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Force close the app:
Double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, swipe thumbnails above the app icon towards the top of the screen.

If this doesn't help, restart and/or reset your iPad:
Restart: turn it off, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Reset: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let your device power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

OP
B

borderlandboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I appreciate the extra wizardry with the home button. There are so many non intuitve sets to learn. My time is rushing past and I'm in danger of getting a permanent hunched posture!

Most reactions

Latest posts