What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store credit card security code problems

elio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I've used the same debit card on iTunes for years. Last week, I accidentally overcharged it. Once I had put more money in my account, it said I had put in the wrong security code and stopped working.

The other day, I gave my dad my old iPod Touch (the least I could do for giving me an iPad!), and the first credit card he used for iTunes had the same problem, and he's got good credit.

Last week, I bought one too many Lady Gaga albums ;) on iTunes and it said my security code is incorrect. Has anyone else been having these problems? What gives?

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
What did you do to reset your Touch before giving it to you Dad? I was thinking of doing something similar, but I could just imagine a plethora of problems arising, so I have delayed.

No problems with credit/debit cards though.

TheeIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the security code thing is when there's a problem with the credit card, check with your credit card company on the status.

OP
E

elio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
What did you do to reset your Touch before giving it to you Dad? I was thinking of doing something similar, but I could just imagine a plethora of problems arising, so I have delayed.

No problems with credit/debit cards though.

The debit card stopped working before I reset the Touch, and I used iTunes to restore it later.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the number of your credit card and when you find the matching one look on the back of it for the 3 digit security number.

Most reactions

Latest posts