What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolguy77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not jail breaked or anything. When they gave me my Ipad it didnt have youtube or photobooth or camera not even the app store. I do not know how they did it but I need it back. The only apps on their were basic apps related to my job (what my job is not important) Even if I go on the Safari Browser and Google an app like "angry Birds" it says "link invalid" which I am positive it is related to the no app store problem. An Ipad without apps that I need is an ipad without any apps at all. 40% of the apps on their i wont be using at all. I don't want to bother the manager about the no app store problem because, their is probably an obvious reason why it was blocked in the first place. I don't want to jail break it since that voids the warranty or so i have heard. When I go on itunes on my home computer their is an option to download apps I downloaded from the app store. (Icloud) or automatic download. I think what it does is if you download something on a device it downloads them on all devices associated to the itunes account. On my Ipad all I see is the app's icon and it saying "waiting..." So their is a good chance that they blocked that route too. Some of my business associates managed to get apps on their ipad. I overheard them saying about opening the whiteboard app. Then go to More Info.. And clicking more apps. I did that it opened up the itunes on my ipad (which the ipad still had) and it showed a list of all the apps the owner made. I install some yayay! But the aps creator's apps werent very useful... I tried using the search bar but it redirected me back to itunes. ( the one on the ipad) Please help I dont want to jailbreak it. IS their a possible way to see apps on the itunes store on the ipad? I know itunes only does music and podcast. But it opened up that link to the creators app on their.

Oh, and when i go to general it says profiles. Their were 5 of them that were on their. The description says: Removes youtube,app store, etc. Im pretty shure if i remove it it will return the blocked apps back. But again their was a reason why it was block. (i need soemthing to do with my free time) So I am going to go with what my partners said. He didnt explain very well. Maybe anyone here knows what he meant and can give a better detail...

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you're a coolguy, so im gonna be cool too.

your story is weird to me.....oh well.

go to an apple store and get a little help.

from what you explained, its not yours?

OP
C

Coolguy77

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Their probably gonna remove the profiling which I don't wanna do. Is their a possible way to download apps from the iTunes app without plugging it in to a computer. Like if you open up the whiteboard app by greengar and go to info and "more apps from greengar" it opens up iTunes app with all the apps made by him. The app store is blocked but I can still download apps on iTunes app. So their is apossible way to download apps from iTunes. I just don't know how.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad has been profiled by your work so that it only has limited functionality. You cannot change this unless they allow you to. You either have to live with it like then intend or wipe the iPad with a restore a start afresh, with all the risks that entails regarding your career... No other options. Apples profiling system is suitably secure that you can't just choose to get round it if you want... Sorry.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Work iPad. Work regulations.

Want an open, unrestricted iPad. Either go see your boss and ask for all the restrictions to be removed, go buy your own, or wipe your work provided iPad and risk termination...

-t

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These restrictions can be applied through Profiles in corporate deployments.

Pretty powerful stuff.

-t

faizerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously the iPad is for your work. They gave u the iPad is not for your personal use.

catsaway9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our company routinely blocks all app access for our employees. We load the apps we want them to have, and restrict access to anything else. With restrictions on, they can't even see the App Store or iTunes. My boss's feeling is that it's for business use, so if they want other apps on there, they should buy their own personal iPad.

jhouse2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our company routinely blocks all app access for our employees. We load the apps we want them to have, and restrict access to anything else. With restrictions on, they can't even see the App Store or iTunes. My boss's feeling is that it's for business use, so if they want other apps on there, they should buy their own personal iPad.

We do the same, but how do you manage updating the apps? We have one app that is now not functioning correctly as it requires an update. This means we have to unblock access to the AppStore in order to update. Or does anyone know of another way?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've am having the same prob as you right now

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As we will need more information on the problem you are having and as this is a very old thread, I will ask you to open a new thread about your issue. Please include all relevant info in this new thread, ie. which iPad you have and which OS it is on and exactly what you are experiencing.

With that we will now close this thread..

....Thank you for your understanding........

.........THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts