1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App Store Blocked

Discussion in 'iPad at Work' started by Coolguy77, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolguy77

Coolguy77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not jail breaked or anything. When they gave me my Ipad it didnt have youtube or photobooth or camera not even the app store. I do not know how they did it but I need it back. The only apps on their were basic apps related to my job (what my job is not important) Even if I go on the Safari Browser and Google an app like "angry Birds" it says "link invalid" which I am positive it is related to the no app store problem. An Ipad without apps that I need is an ipad without any apps at all. 40% of the apps on their i wont be using at all. I don't want to bother the manager about the no app store problem because, their is probably an obvious reason why it was blocked in the first place. I don't want to jail break it since that voids the warranty or so i have heard. When I go on itunes on my home computer their is an option to download apps I downloaded from the app store. (Icloud) or automatic download. I think what it does is if you download something on a device it downloads them on all devices associated to the itunes account. On my Ipad all I see is the app's icon and it saying "waiting..." So their is a good chance that they blocked that route too. Some of my business associates managed to get apps on their ipad. I overheard them saying about opening the whiteboard app. Then go to More Info.. And clicking more apps. I did that it opened up the itunes on my ipad (which the ipad still had) and it showed a list of all the apps the owner made. I install some yayay! But the aps creator's apps werent very useful... I tried using the search bar but it redirected me back to itunes. ( the one on the ipad) Please help I dont want to jailbreak it. IS their a possible way to see apps on the itunes store on the ipad? I know itunes only does music and podcast. But it opened up that link to the creators app on their.

Oh, and when i go to general it says profiles. Their were 5 of them that were on their. The description says: Removes youtube,app store, etc. Im pretty shure if i remove it it will return the blocked apps back. But again their was a reason why it was block. (i need soemthing to do with my free time) So I am going to go with what my partners said. He didnt explain very well. Maybe anyone here knows what he meant and can give a better detail...
  2. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    you're a coolguy, so im gonna be cool too.

your story is weird to me.....oh well.

go to an apple store and get a little help.

from what you explained, its not yours?
  3. apple2011

apple2011 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since the apple store itunes was blocked now,it would be better for you to contact the apples.
  4. Coolguy77

Coolguy77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Their probably gonna remove the profiling which I don't wanna do. Is their a possible way to download apps from the iTunes app without plugging it in to a computer. Like if you open up the whiteboard app by greengar and go to info and "more apps from greengar" it opens up iTunes app with all the apps made by him. The app store is blocked but I can still download apps on iTunes app. So their is apossible way to download apps from iTunes. I just don't know how.
  5. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Your iPad has been profiled by your work so that it only has limited functionality. You cannot change this unless they allow you to. You either have to live with it like then intend or wipe the iPad with a restore a start afresh, with all the risks that entails regarding your career... No other options. Apples profiling system is suitably secure that you can't just choose to get round it if you want... Sorry.
  6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    This would make me think.
  7. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Work iPad. Work regulations.

Want an open, unrestricted iPad. Either go see your boss and ask for all the restrictions to be removed, go buy your own, or wipe your work provided iPad and risk termination...

-t
  8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    I did not know that one can put restrictions on the iPad.
  9. thewitt

thewitt iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    These restrictions can be applied through Profiles in corporate deployments.

Pretty powerful stuff.

-t
  10. faizerean

faizerean iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Obviously the iPad is for your work. They gave u the iPad is not for your personal use.
  11. catsaway9

catsaway9 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our company routinely blocks all app access for our employees. We load the apps we want them to have, and restrict access to anything else. With restrictions on, they can't even see the App Store or iTunes. My boss's feeling is that it's for business use, so if they want other apps on there, they should buy their own personal iPad.
  12. jhouse2k

jhouse2k iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We do the same, but how do you manage updating the apps? We have one app that is now not functioning correctly as it requires an update. This means we have to unblock access to the AppStore in order to update. Or does anyone know of another way?
  13. Paisley

Paisley iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've am having the same prob as you right now
  14. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,314 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As we will need more information on the problem you are having and as this is a very old thread, I will ask you to open a new thread about your issue. Please include all relevant info in this new thread, ie. which iPad you have and which OS it is on and exactly what you are experiencing.

With that we will now close this thread..

....Thank you for your understanding........

.........THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............