What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App size?

Doodledrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I'm updating the apps on my ipad the size of the app stated, is this the full size of the app or the memory it will take on top of the memory already used when downloading the app?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I'm updating the apps on my ipad the size of the app stated, is this the full size of the app or the memory it will take on top of the memory already used when downloading the app?

Hi Doodledrew - welcome to the forum! :)

Not exactly sure what your specific question may be? But, if not already tried, you can go into Settings -> General -> Usage; there on the right a list will be generated (takes a little time) that shows your installed apps; click on the image below - the MB or GB size includes both the app & data/documents/etc. associated w/ the app - then, click on a specific app which will then split that usage into the app size and the other category. Let us know if this addresses your question; if not, please post back. Good luck!

iPadUsageExample.PNG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's the size of the basic app, not counting any app data that accumulates with use.

Most reactions