1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App shortcuts

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Rfhoge, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Rfhoge

Rfhoge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 12 apps on my screen that constantly say they are loading.

This started several days ago with apps I had already purchased and worked previously.

Anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thanks, *Rick
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Are you talking about apps updating? Did you go to the App Store and then select these apps for updating? If the apps are large they need the iPad to be connected to WiFi for the update to proceed.

Tim
  3. GnomeGrrl

GnomeGrrl iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Periodically, if there's an issue with connectivity, the first app can't download and it holds the rest up as well. Usually it remedies itself, but if you haven't tried a reboot (while connected to the Internet), you should.
  4. Rfhoge

Rfhoge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Periodically, if there's an issue with connectivity, the first app can't download and it holds the rest up as well. Usually it remedies itself, but if you haven't tried a reboot (while connected to the Internet), you should.

No problems w/connectivity.

Are you talking about apps updating? Did you go to the App Store and then select these apps for updating? If the apps are large they need the iPad to be connected to WiFi for the update to proceed.

Tim

No problems w/ updating other apps. I did not select these apps for updating.
  5. Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I had (what sounds like) a similar problem the other day as I was trying to update 12 apps. The first app requires iOS5 (which I do not have), and when selecting "Update All" at the top, the updading process gets halted by that first un-updatable app, and the rest of the updating will not go on. So, I decided to select the others by hand. Unfortunately, I didn't do them one at a time, letting each complete before going on to the next, but rather I selected each one right after the other down the list. Well... the pad just sat there with 12 apps variously saying "waiting" or 'Loading," and absolutely nothing happened thereafter.

I did have to reboot the pad to get out of that mess, and then returned to updating - one at a time.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. idave23

idave23 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Maybe it depends on your wifi connection. I've done the same thing Bingoldsby did and had the apps update fine even though I'd selected more than one at a time. They just updated one after the other til they were all done.
  7. Chays

Chays iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Hi,

Try rebooting your device and try again, one at a time.

Regards,
    ~Chays~
  8. Rfhoge

Rfhoge iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I quess it's a bug w/ ios5. Nothing seems to work. I think I'll just remove the apps and try reinstalling them if I can remember what they are as I can't open them to see what they are.