What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App shortcuts

Rfhoge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 12 apps on my screen that constantly say they are loading.

This started several days ago with apps I had already purchased and worked previously.

Anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thanks, *Rick

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you talking about apps updating? Did you go to the App Store and then select these apps for updating? If the apps are large they need the iPad to be connected to WiFi for the update to proceed.

Tim

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Periodically, if there's an issue with connectivity, the first app can't download and it holds the rest up as well. Usually it remedies itself, but if you haven't tried a reboot (while connected to the Internet), you should.

OP
R

Rfhoge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Periodically, if there's an issue with connectivity, the first app can't download and it holds the rest up as well. Usually it remedies itself, but if you haven't tried a reboot (while connected to the Internet), you should.

No problems w/connectivity.

Are you talking about apps updating? Did you go to the App Store and then select these apps for updating? If the apps are large they need the iPad to be connected to WiFi for the update to proceed.

Tim

No problems w/ updating other apps. I did not select these apps for updating.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had (what sounds like) a similar problem the other day as I was trying to update 12 apps. The first app requires iOS5 (which I do not have), and when selecting "Update All" at the top, the updading process gets halted by that first un-updatable app, and the rest of the updating will not go on. So, I decided to select the others by hand. Unfortunately, I didn't do them one at a time, letting each complete before going on to the next, but rather I selected each one right after the other down the list. Well... the pad just sat there with 12 apps variously saying "waiting" or 'Loading," and absolutely nothing happened thereafter.

I did have to reboot the pad to get out of that mess, and then returned to updating - one at a time.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it depends on your wifi connection. I've done the same thing Bingoldsby did and had the apps update fine even though I'd selected more than one at a time. They just updated one after the other til they were all done.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Try rebooting your device and try again, one at a time.

Regards,
~Chays~

OP
R

Rfhoge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I quess it's a bug w/ ios5. Nothing seems to work. I think I'll just remove the apps and try reinstalling them if I can remember what they are as I can't open them to see what they are.

Most reactions