App review censorship?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Mistergizmo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Mistergizmo

Mistergizmo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've submitted reviews of several apps, all of which have been posted...except one. It was on Target's app for the iPad, where I mentioned (in non-derogatory terms) that WalMart and K-Mart might want to take notice and develop their own apps, given Target's success. I submitted the review twice, using slightly different words, and neither one has appeared. Interestingly, another reviewer mentioned Best Buy in a similar context, and that one passed the censor.

This makes me wonder: What are Apple's rules for censoring reviews that contain corporate names?

2. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I find it hard to find my reviews... I think sometimes they get mixed up. I wish there was an easy way to edit or see what I have posted in the past.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  3. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I seriously doubt it was censored. It is possible that when you hit send it didn't I would say just resubmit it.

4. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I have trouble finding my reviews too. Not sure what is up with that.

5. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Could be that they hold some that have keywords to manually check them...then once they see its cool they post it. I know it has to have some keyword filters or else the review section would not be very family friendly!!

6. wrecklass

wrecklass iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes I find my reviews usually appear after several minutes. I suspect there is some moderation. I doubt the do much deleting unless there is profanity. From what I've seen they are pretty open.

7. Mistergizmo

Mistergizmo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is possible that when you hit send it didn't I would say just resubmit it.

I've submitted the review twice, using slightly different words, and neither has appeared (there are only a couple dozen reviews, so it's not hard to look through them for mine). I submitted one a week or so ago, and another a couple of days ago.

All the other reviews I've submitted -- ranging from one star to five stars -- have been posted, usually within minutes, always within a day. And, yes, I do press the "submit" button. In fact, when I tried to write a third review just now, it brought up my second one to edit, so Apple does have it; it never got posted, but is sitting in some sort of never-never land at Apple.