App refunds

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by TC93, May 3, 2011.

1. TC93

TC93 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is just a complaint by me. I'm new to the iPad, but I'm not happy about the fact that you can't get a refund on on App's.

Either they should be offering refunds, or require every app maker to supply a free demo version of their software to try out.

I'm not happy about the latest Videohunters app I bought, it has less search features than even the basic web browser does, or at least the search feature I wanted, and had no way of knowing this until I bought it.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    There's no problem in getting a refund - lots of members have done this. Simply phone the Apple Support line with the reference number to the transaction - you might need to wait until you receive your iTunes invoice for this - tell them the problem and they'll immediately credit your iTunes account.

We've never had a report of a member who's been refused a refund, so I think you'll have no problem either.

Tim
  3. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +324 / 0
    I've had 2 or 3 refunds from iTunes and I've never had a problem with them.
  4. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    You should be able to request a refund from iTunes, desktop:

go to iTunes->Store->View my account->Purchase History->Select the app->Report a problem and ask for a refund.

Depending on the app may it not be worth spending money on a phone call to claim a refund ;)
  5. Agi2002

Agi2002 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried this for the QuickOffice purchase and they stated I needed to take it up with the developer. I never requested a refund before and didn't think they would give me a problem. I told them that it wasn't pulling the longer formulas through and pretty much made this application useless for me to use for work. I guess I can try calling them. It doesn't let me report a problem with the same application again.