What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App refunds

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just a complaint by me. I'm new to the iPad, but I'm not happy about the fact that you can't get a refund on on App's.

Either they should be offering refunds, or require every app maker to supply a free demo version of their software to try out.

I'm not happy about the latest Videohunters app I bought, it has less search features than even the basic web browser does, or at least the search feature I wanted, and had no way of knowing this until I bought it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is just a complaint by me. I'm new to the iPad, but I'm not happy about the fact that you can't get a refund on on App's.

Either they should be offering refunds, or require every app maker to supply a free demo version of their software to try out.

I'm not happy about the latest Videohunters app I bought, it has less search features than even the basic web browser does, or at least the search feature I wanted, and had no way of knowing this until I bought it.

There's no problem in getting a refund - lots of members have done this. Simply phone the Apple Support line with the reference number to the transaction - you might need to wait until you receive your iTunes invoice for this - tell them the problem and they'll immediately credit your iTunes account.

We've never had a report of a member who's been refused a refund, so I think you'll have no problem either.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
There's no problem in getting a refund - lots of members have done this. Simply phone the Apple Support line with the reference number to the transaction - you might need to wait until you receive your iTunes invoice for this - tell them the problem and they'll immediately credit your iTunes account.

We've never had a report of a member who's been refused a refund, so I think you'll have no problem either.

Tim

I've had 2 or 3 refunds from iTunes and I've never had a problem with them.

Reaction score
You should be able to request a refund from iTunes, desktop:

go to iTunes->Store->View my account->Purchase History->Select the app->Report a problem and ask for a refund.

Depending on the app may it not be worth spending money on a phone call to claim a refund ;)

Agi2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to request a refund from iTunes, desktop:

go to iTunes->Store->View my account->Purchase History->Select the app->Report a problem and ask for a refund.

Depending on the app may it not be worth spending money on a phone call to claim a refund ;)

I tried this for the QuickOffice purchase and they stated I needed to take it up with the developer. I never requested a refund before and didn't think they would give me a problem. I told them that it wasn't pulling the longer formulas through and pretty much made this application useless for me to use for work. I guess I can try calling them. It doesn't let me report a problem with the same application again.

Most reactions