What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App no more visible

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

On my iPad 1 I had installed the National Geographic Magazine. To get full access I needed my subscription number to the magazine (I'm a member since 1974!) and waited for the next magazine to get the number. But now the app has disappeared, although in the Appstore it is "Installed". What may I do to get it back?
Thanks for every hint
Aloha

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

On my iPad 1 I had installed the National Geographic Magazine. To get full access I needed my subscription number to the magazine (I'm a member since 1974!) and waited for the next magazine to get the number. But now the app has disappeared, although in the Appstore it is "Installed". What may I do to get it back?
Thanks for every hint
Aloha

Can you download it again from the App store?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are in the App Store and looking at the National Geographic app you will probably notice that the word is install, not installed. Any app that you have uploaded but deleted will show this notification to let you know that you can reinstall if you wish.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank You for the messages.
The word is indeed "Installed", not "Install", and I may not reinstall it.
I didn't delete it.
Regards
Aloha

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset yet? If you have, then disregard, if not and you know how, try that. Forgive me if you already know how, press the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue holding until you see the Apple Logo appear, then release both buttons. The iPad will reboot which takes a little longer that a simple power up. The red off slider may or may not appear as you are holding the buttons, just ignore.

If that fails check this out: Have you filled all your screens with Apps? Once the screens are full apps do hide in the nether somewhere. You can do a search, swipe right as far as you can go and you'll find the Search function, they must be there somewhere. If your screens are all full, make some folders and the spaces will fill with your others apps that have been in hiding. Just press on an app until it jiggles and then place it on top of another app and this will create a folder of which you can have up to 20 apps in it.
Let us know how you go.

Courtesy of leelai last March, # 3 post re: App icon has disappeared.

OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank You very much for that kind reply. Following Your advice, I have just made a reset, but it didn't bring the app back.
The screens are not all full, there is a lot of free place.

An other question comes to my mind: how may I reduce the number of screens? I mean how can I fill the laps in one screen by apps of another one by moving it from one screen to another?
Regards
Aloha

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aloha said:
Hi,
Thank You very much for that kind reply. Following Your advice, I have just made a reset, but it didn't bring the app back.
The screens are not all full, there is a lot of free place.

An other question comes to my mind: how may I reduce the number of screens? I mean how can I fill the laps in one screen by apps of another one by moving it from one screen to another?
Regards
Aloha

That's fairly easy, tap and hold an icon until they all 'jiggle' then slide the one you want to move to the edge of the screen. As you move it more to the edge it will transfer to the next, or previous screen depending on which side you are moving it to. When you're all done press the Home button to stop the jiggling. You're done.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back to your missing icon, do you have an icon that looks something like the one below?

image-46493853.jpg

If so, tap on it and see if your National Geographic appears in a separate box below. Let us know.

OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't have such a "folder"

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aloha said:
No, I don't have such a "folder"

I am afraid that I'm out of ideas, did you do a search on this forum for other suggestions? Best of luck but I have to hand over to other far more experiences members.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aloha said:
Hi,

Thanks for every hint
Aloha

Did you look in the newsstand app? That's where all magazine apps are supposed to end up when you download them?

image-2501453016.jpg

If that doesn't work, search the App Store for the app, if downloaded, it should say open, beside the app icon on the description page. Tap it and the app should open on your iPad.

Last edited:
OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I found it by searching after it and that's a great thing because I may access all the magazines since the very beginnings in 1888!
But it's only accessible by searching after it, it doesn't still appear amidst the apps, and it isn't int the New "folder" either!
Thanks to all of You for assisting me.
Aloha

OP
A

Aloha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...ups, I apologize...

It is located in the Newsstand!
"scifan57", I misread Your message, reading only "News", and meaning a folder containing newspapers.
I'm so sorry for disturbing You for nothing.
Aloha

Most reactions