What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Login Problem (iPad/iPhone)

photosphere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a login problem with my iPad and iPhone on apps which require a username and password. When I enter my username and then try to enter my password, the username disappears. When I enter the password first and then try to enter my username, my password disappears.

This has been happening for at least two weeks. I can't open any apps which require username/password unless this information is already stored in the app.

I have been searching different forums and I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. So I expect the problem is just with my devices. I have rebooted the devices and reinstalled the apps. None of these actions have solved this problem.

I also performed a general reset of all settings. This did not eliminate the login problem.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using a third party keyboard?

When you say you rebooted, did you restart by holding down the power button and sliding off, or did you hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appeared. The second sometimes fixes what a normal power cycle won't.

OP
P

photosphere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using a third party keyboard?

When you say you rebooted, did you restart by holding down the power button and sliding off, or did you hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appeared. The second sometimes fixes what a normal power cycle won't.

I am not using a third party keyboard. I am entering the username and password using the soft keyboard on the iPad/iPhone.

I rebooted by holding down the power and home button until the logo appeared.

Most reactions