What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App installation password...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the password I'm asked for EVERY TIME I do an app installation?

Sent from my iPad 3 v5.1.1

Last edited:

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I don't believe you can. This is a security measure that requires your password every 15 minutes & prevents kids logging on to pay services & running up big bills.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, as is usually the case :)))... there is a way if you are jailbroken. You can install the Cydia tweak "PasswordPilot." This free tweak automatically inserts your App Store password when installing or upgrading apps from the App Store.

Of course, the usual caveats apply: Be careful if you install this, as it means that anyone can buy any app from the App Store as the password is automatic.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
iZicle

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input here. It's really not the big a deal for me, just a minor annoyance that I would have eliminated if possible with out a hassle. I'll keep things as they are and we can consider this thread SOLVED and for me Closed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts