What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App icons nowhere to be found

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded some apps recently, I can find them in my spotlight search and they work but the icons are not on my homescreen at all. Ive looked meticulously.

Anyone know what gives?

:”People who are not themselves, are nobody.” George S. Patton

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband had that problem too with the NY Times app. I don't think it has been fixed. Curious to see other responses.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending upon the app in question, if it's has an age restriction associated with it and you've got 'Restrictions' enabled in the iPad's 'Settings' menu, then - not only can't you use the app, it doesn't even appear on the screen.

Tim

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Depending upon the app in question, if it's has an age restriction associated with it and you've got 'Restrictions' enabled in the iPad's 'Settings' menu, then - not only can't you use the app, it doesn't even appear on the screen.

Tim

Tim, would the New York Times have an age restriction?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My restrictions are not even enabled. The app is Animoog, it works fine I just have to search for it in the spotlight. All apps I download are now invisible all though installed and work if I use spotlight.

Royal pain in the A**

:”People who are not themselves, are nobody.” George S. Patton

Have you tried the fix-all cure of a reboot?

Tim

Most reactions