What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App icon

BrownAle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got 13 icons on my desktop and 4 on the bottom bar.

Why when I had a new app installed did the icon get place onto the next page by itself?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just the way it works. All you need to do is push the icon until it "jiggles" then slide it to the page you want it.

OP
B

BrownAle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I know how to move it. My issue is that I'll be supporting 300 iPad users and I will have to deal with them not finding a downloaded app's icon. I'm looking for the cause and possible remedy of this as I'm figuring the icon should load onto the first page until said page gets filled up.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I know how to move it. My issue is that I'll be supporting 300 iPad users and I will have to deal with them not finding a downloaded app's icon. I'm looking for the cause and possible remedy of this as I'm figuring the icon should load onto the first page until said page gets filled up.

Any new app will always download to the second page - until that's filled up, then it will go to the third page ... and so on. There is no remedy as this is how Apple designed its iDevices. The good thing is that this is standard behavior, so you can tell the users of the 300 iPads where to always find their downloads.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

OP
B

BrownAle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks for the info and too bad it didn't just go contiguously until page filled up.

Most reactions

Latest posts