What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for switching wifi on and off from welcome screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an app' for switching wifi on and off from the welcome screen to save going into settings?
Thanks,
Peter

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, it only takes a few seconds to go into settings and shut the WiFi off or go into Airplane mode (which does the same thing).

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app exist, but only if your ipad is jailbroken, u can even tur It on/off from lockscreen.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't WAIT to get my iPad jailbroken so I can run SBSettings like I do on my iPhone 4. One swipe of the status bar brings up a pop-up that lets you easily control a whole bunch of things: bluetooth on and off, 3G radio, WiFi, brightness, auto-lock off and on, enable Frash (runs Flash in Safari), etc.

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use SBSettings from Cydia (if jailbroken)

jez6363

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With respect to iPadCharlie - that is not the point. I use this feature (wifi toggle on desktop) on my Android phone many times a day, to reduce battery usage. My wife on the other hand, with her iPhone, is forever ending up with a flat battery, because she does not turn it off after using wifi. If it was easy to toggle, she would do it. There is a reason many people ask for this feature, and why it is on other phones. Apple are very good at the 'head in sand' approach to things - that is OK (sort of) when you have a genius in charge - but now Jobs is gone, its all downhill - and the attitude will have to change. Apple needs to listen to its customers, or it will end up with only its most ardent followers sticking with it.

jez6363

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To add - a phone that relies on people jailbreaking it to get basic functionality they want - surely that is a clue that something is very wrong in Apple land?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you posted to a 2-year old thread to comment on an Apple way of doing business. The current function has been in existence since the iDevices came to market and has not changed. As there still is no way to easily access the act of turning on/off Bluetooth without jail breaking, this thread is closed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts