What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app for selecting parts of images?

k8oylos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to use my ipad as a graphic tablet for a somewhat special project. I have a series of a few hundrend images (cells in microscope) and i need to select specific parts of a photo by drawing lines around them
I thought of using the ipad for this task, it's much more accurate and fast than a conventional mouse, but i have a hard time finding an app which can do this.
Any ideas

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a lot of photo editing apps in the AppStore. One that is very popular here at this forum is the app "Skitch." You can either select squares or circles to outline various parts of a photo - or you can freehand draw around the area you wish.

Again, there are many, many apps that will do this. If this app isn't for you, hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Select as in crop/copy parts of the image, or select as in highlight/illustrated parts of the image.

Skitch would work for the second. Quick and easy, with Evernote support.

For the first, the only drawing app I have that does free-hand image selection is ArtStudio. I'm sure there are others. I'd bet that Photoshop Touch has a free hand selection tool.

Goog luck.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ooops! I forgot to mention my favorite [and free!] new discovery - "Adobe Ideas." With it, you can bring up a photo from you photo library and then annotate it how you wish (either draw or highlight). And, it creates vector lines, so your drawing/highlights are clear as can be. Here's a random picture I doodled on to show howmthis app works (you'll have to zoom in to see it as I really zoomed in to show you how detailed you can get):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370920562.547656.jpg

Just another idea...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts