What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for note taking

chenzira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what I want:
Be able to open and save word, PowerPoint, PDF, and excel files
Make notes on all files named above
Be able to audio record while viewing files
Be able to use my own handwriting, highlight, and type on top of files mentioned

Any suggestions much appreciated. Using this for school and would like to eliminate having so much papers printed out

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
you dont want much eh? ;)

i can think of various separate apps that combine a few of those things, but a complete all in one? i'm unsure. (it's the word, powerpoint and excel files that are the stumbling block)

charliecat7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started using Notes +. It does most of the things you are asking about. What I can't figure out is how to get the documents printed when I need to. There is a bug in the program that won't let you sent it out via email. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
chenzira

chenzira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charliecat7 said:
I just started using Notes +. It does most of the things you are asking about. What I can't figure out is how to get the documents printed when I need to. There is a bug in the program that won't let you sent it out via email. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey....can I record?

OP
chenzira

chenzira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
you dont want much eh? ;)

i can think of various separate apps that combine a few of those things, but a complete all in one? i'm unsure. (it's the word, powerpoint and excel files that are the stumbling block)

Yea it's a lot...but that would b the perfect app! If I have to sacrifice some stuff I'll sacrifice everything but the PDF file since I can turn everything else into a PDF file. I would still like it to record though and it has to b able to let me make notes on the PDF file. I'm not worried about being able to print it...and the handwriting thing- I can live without that as well

OP
chenzira

chenzira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diane B said:
Noteability for a number of your wants.

Thanks. This is what I use now and I love it. I only wish I could open up my PowerPoint docs on it too!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. This is what I use now and I love it. I only wish I could open up my PowerPoint docs on it too!
I have Quick Office Pro which handles Powerpoint, docs, xls. This and Noteabiity might be your answer but I don't know of any app that does everything in one app.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use Quickoffice Pro and FileApp Pro and the free Microsoft OneNote for fast writing:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts