What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for a photo printing

meils6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm getting married in a couple of months and want to do a photo book at the wedding, we want something where people can have a picture taken of them, and they can write a note on a hardcopy and stick it in a book.

The original idea was to have a polaroid camera, stick the photo on a page in a book and write around the outside, polaroids are quite expensive so I wondered if there was another way with either an ipad/iphone or a digital camera linked to a printer. Im imagining that the photo wouldnt take up the whole page so there's blank space around to write on, maybe they could choose different boarders and stuff, then print that page and attach it in a book somehow. It needs to be quite easy for people of all ages cause I really want everyone to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

OP
M

meils6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, what Im trying to do is print the photos instantly so they can then sign them (write a message or whatever) and put them in a book. I need an app that will allow me to print the photos to our printer, but I want it to be small in the middle of an A4.
Thanks! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Give Snapseed a try.

You'll want to play and practice with it a bit, but once you get the hang of it you should be able to take a photo and add a Frame in less than a minute. (after you've applied a frame you use the pinch gesture to adjust the frame's thickness.

Pictures can be taken from within the app, which saves a bit of time.

Here are a couple of examples, printed as PDF so you know how they would look on paper. Both pictures are using a maximum frame thickness.

View attachment Rose.pdf

When you open this one you'll see it's got a lot of white space around a landscape print. It's all white, so this does not show up in the post.

View attachment Desk.pdf

The quality of the self portrait is a combination of using the front camera, heavy file compression, and poor subject material ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts