What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Doesn't Work After Update

komobu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I logged onto the appstore and saw that my tecarta bible app was updated. So I updated the app, and now it no longer works. If I click on it, it just flashes and then returns to the main screen of the iPad. I tried resetting my iPad and that didn't help. If I delete the app, when I go to the app store will it allow me to install it with out charge? Any help in getting this app to work again would be appreciated.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once you have paid for it, you can redownload it again. You won't be charged again unless it is a new version for ios7 that requires payment

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I logged onto the appstore and saw that my tecarta bible app was updated. So I updated the app, and now it no longer works. If I click on it, it just flashes and then returns to the main screen of the iPad. I tried resetting my iPad and that didn't help. If I delete the app, when I go to the app store will it allow me to install it with out charge? Any help in getting this app to work again would be appreciated.

Just wondering if the app update was geared up for iOS 7 and whether or not you have updated your iPad as well? However, the app should have worked still even if you hadn't updated your iPad yet.

Have you tried to do the following?

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes misbehaves...

Force the app to close down by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
K

komobu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I went to delete it, but it is telling me if I do, it will delete all my data as well. Is there something I can do so I don't loose my data?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I went to delete it, but it is telling me if I do, it will delete all my data as well. Is there something I can do so I don't loose my data?

Have you backed up your iPad to save the data--your notes, etc in your bible? I am not familiar with this app so I cannot you more. Have you tried to close the app out instead. You wouldn't be deleting the app, but only quitting it to try again?

Most reactions

Latest posts