What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Development for the iPad 2

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Appsempire and I'm new to Apple products. I've been using a pc for most of my life (I'm 44 yrs. old). I recently purchased an iPad 2 from the Apple site and it will arrive later this month. Getting it from my local Apple store was pretty much impossible. It's a very cool machine and I can't wait to get it!

I'm currently in talks with a company to develop an app for the iPad 2 that I'm going to market to the public.

I have a question. They have given me an estimate for what they call a "Discovery". They define a Discovery as the first part of the project where they "determine the feasibility and steps required to prototype a working model" of the app that I would like to have them develop. It is a considerable sum of money. Bottom line, what one is paying for is a feasability study to see if they can do the project. At this point, the money spent would NOT be for the project itself. That would come later if I agreed to do the project itself. So if they determine that it's NOT feasible, no further work will be done.

I have NO REASON to believe that they are being dishonest.
As a matter of fact, my instincts tell me that they are on the up and up. I'm posting this question because I want to do my due dilligence before I spend any money. Thanks for your help.

Appsempire

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
davesprint said:
hi,

~ You can not advertise your business on this site. Your links and have been deleted. Please read the rules. ~

It's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about. While it is true that I'm looking to develop an app for use on the iPad, I was NOT advertising my business. If you had bothered to think about what I wrote on that post, you would have realized that I was looking for some answers to some questions about the app development process. I even say toward the end "I'm posting this question because I want to do my due dilligence before I spend any money. Thanks for your help." Next time you feel the need to delete a post and remind someone to read the rules, how about writing an email to that particular person and ask them about it. That way if you still feel the need to delete it. You can do so with some degree of intelligence.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
It's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about. While it is true that I'm looking to develop an app for use on the iPad, I was NOT advertising my business. If you had bothered to think about what I wrote on that post, you would have realized that I was looking for some answers to some questions about the app development process. I even say toward the end "I'm posting this question because I want to do my due dilligence before I spend any money. Thanks for your help." Next time you feel the need to delete a post and remind someone to read the rules, how about writing an email to that particular person and ask them about it. That way if you still feel the need to delete it. You can do so with some degree of intelligence.

Unless I'm totally missing something, I think it was his post/link that was deleted and the comment was left by a mod for him, not by him for you. I doubt someone with three posts is gonna be messing with yours.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davesprint said:
hi,

~ You can not advertise your business on this site. Your links and have been deleted. Please read the rules. ~

Seriously? I don't know who you think you are. It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about. That member's link to his business was deleted. Do you even have a link posted? No.

I remind you to read the rules. I would read them, to gain some degree of intelligence. And in the future, think before you ASSUME. This is the end of this discussion ~ Moderator ~

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts