What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App called numbers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .I want to know if it is possible to make a template of this spreadsheet now that I have all my margins, spacing and font and font colors and all that jazz done I do not want to lose this. . .!

It's not possible to create a true template in the iWorks apps, but you can get pretty close. I went through all the options I could think of in post #6 of the following thread. I'm a bit too lazy to retype it.

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/23552-changing-pages-font.html

OP
M

Momzoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it is quite a drive but we are in no hurry so we sleep 3 nights on our way down to Florida. We have been doing this for the past 10 years and always enjoy it. It is a long way but worth every mile to be able to spend 5 months in warm weather compared to our cold Canadian winters and snow. Happy to hear you have been to Quebec City it is a beautiful city.:eek: Rae

OP
M

Momzoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for all your help I now have a template in I tunes. I will try to open an account WEBDAV so I will not lose these templates. I will let you know how I make out. Thank you again.:eek: Rae

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know it is quite a drive but we are in no hurry so we sleep 3 nights on our way down to Florida. We have been doing this for the past 10 years and always enjoy it. It is a long way but worth every mile to be able to spend 5 months in warm weather compared to our cold Canadian winters and snow. Happy to hear you have been to Quebec City it is a beautiful city.:eek: Rae

Hi Rae - love Quebec City - we've made many visits to Canada over the years but always go in the summer months (i.e. July or August) - last one a few years ago was actually to Quebec. BTW if you overnight in North Carolina or adjacent states, let me know if want to do a day of sightseeing - we've travelled the area extensively - enjoy your next trip to sunny FL! Dave :)

OP
M

Momzoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just knew it would not be that easy for me. I now have a BOX ACCOUNT but cannot see the navigation page on the IPAD I created a folder and I see it on the left side of but do not know how to retrieve files to put in that folder. I still do not have a navigation page.Help again if that is possible.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using the website, get the Box app from the App Store and try it. Easier to use on the iPad, by far.

You can access your Box account directly in Numbers by using the WebDAV option when creating or sharing/saving files. To enable it tap the + icon in the all documents view and choose Copy from WebDAV. In the popup that occurred enter this URL in the first box: https://www.box.com/dav ; then your Box user id and password. You might have to do this once more when saving/sharing a document, but it will remember your account after that. Be sure to save the information somewhere secure incase you ever have to enter it again. The URL can be found at Box's support site, but it takes some digging.

Last edited:
OP
M

Momzoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all your help. Things are looking up for me whan I see that I can do certain things on my Ipad. It is so different from my windows 8 laptop but I am learning and you folks have been the very best in helping a lady that is no longer a spring chicken.:D:eek:

JaredLM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm, the PDF auto-sizes to what it thinks will look best. You can try resizing your table in Numbers. By using the pinch gesture you can zoom in-out of your spreadsheet. Try zooming out a bit. Tap the table so the boarders appear. Tap the big dot that appears at the top left of the table. The table should now have some blue dots (drag handles) around the edges. Drag the dot at the bottom right to make the table larger. This enlarges everything, cell sizes, fonts, etc. Now try to share the PDF again and see if that helps. The print options is actually a good choice. You don't have to buy a new printer. You could get either FingerPrint or Printopia (Mac OS X Only) and install it on your home computer. This allows your computer to pretend to be an AirPrint printer, giving you the ability to print to any printer that the computer can use. As a bonus you can also print to folders. The second could be important in you case. The Print output of the iPad is PDF; however, unlike the PDF share option you get some control over how the table is positioned and sized when you print. Not a lot of control, but enough to at least make sure it's big enough before you waste paper. From and older post: Edit: I should have finished reading Giradman's posts. He already told you most of this.

With the latest IOS7 update there was a change to how a Numbers app document is converted to PDF. I created a template in the Numbers app and when I print preview there are 13 pages indicated based on the content in one sheet. However, when I PDF the file to a WebDAV server (Drop Box) the content of the sheet is no longer on 13 pages, but on 1 single page. This did not occur prior to the update. It appears that now instead of having one single sheet I would have to split up the content that is currently in one sheet into 13 sheets in order to create the PDF document correctly. Is anyone having this trouble or know of a work around for this issue as it will be very time consuming to revise my template into 13 individual sheets.

P.S. If I download the file as numbers to my MacBook Pro it will create the PDF file correctly from the MacBook, but I would really prefer to be able to do all of this on my IPAD as I was able to do prior to the IOS update.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With the latest IOS7 update there was a change to how a Numbers app document is converted to PDF. I created a template in the Numbers app and when I print preview there are 13 pages indicated based on the content in one sheet. However, when I PDF the file to a WebDAV server (Drop Box) the content of the sheet is no longer on 13 pages, but on 1 single page. This did not occur prior to the update. It appears that now instead of having one single sheet I would have to split up the content that is currently in one sheet into 13 sheets in order to create the PDF document correctly. Is anyone having this trouble or know of a work around for this issue as it will be very time consuming to revise my template into 13 individual sheets. P.S. If I download the file as numbers to my MacBook Pro it will create the PDF file correctly from the MacBook, but I would really prefer to be able to do all of this on my IPAD as I was able to do prior to the IOS update.

There's no way to control the PDF output in Numbers for iOS. Your best bet would move each set of tables into tabs, one for each of the 13 pages you want. It would probably be easier to do this on the MacBook. The good news is the new OS X apps are fully compatible with the new iOS apps, so there's no more worrying about whether things get left out or changed when switching between the MacBook and the iPad.

Another possibility is to get the Printopia app for the MacBook. This is an AirPrint emulation app for OS X that will let you print to any printer attached to your MacBook; but it will also let you print PDFs to a folder or another app on the MacBook. If you play around with the print option in Numbers you'll see that it offers more layout options than the PDF export. Be sure that'll do what you want it to do before you spend any money on print Printopia.

I find this option handy for quickly sharing a PDF from an AirPrint capable app; because I can print directly to my Dropbox folder on the iMac, then grab the share link when it syncs back to the iPad and email it.

JaredLM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no way to control the PDF output in Numbers for iOS. Your best bet would move each set of tables into tabs, one for each of the 13 pages you want. It would probably be easier to do this on the MacBook. The good news is the new OS X apps are fully compatible with the new iOS apps, so there's no more worrying about whether things get left out or changed when switching between the MacBook and the iPad. Another possibility is to get the Printopia app for the MacBook. This is an AirPrint emulation app for OS X that will let you print to any printer attached to your MacBook; but it will also let you print PDFs to a folder or another app on the MacBook. If you play around with the print option in Numbers you'll see that it offers more layout options than the PDF export. Be sure that'll do what you want it to do before you spend any money on print Printopia. I find this option handy for quickly sharing a PDF from an AirPrint capable app; because I can print directly to my Dropbox folder on the iMac, then grab the share link when it syncs back to the iPad and email it.

Thank you so much for the advice!

Most reactions

Latest posts