What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apotop Wi-Reader wireless reader/router

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DW21 has arrived and is charging. It's a bummer when electronics come needing charges, instead of ready to come out and play.
I received my DW17 yesterday and plugged it in to the USB port of my laptop to charge. The red light stayed on for hours. Then it went off. I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in a minute later and it turned red again.So when do you know it's fully charged? Shouldn't it turn green?And the Instruction sheet is printed so small that I can hardly read it with a magnifying glass.They refer to www.apotop.com.tw for a complete User Manual but I didn't see one there.Other than that the DW17 seems to be working for transferring pictures both ways, memory stick to iPad 3 and back.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my DW17 yesterday and plugged it in to the USB port of my laptop to charge. The red light stayed on for hours. Then it went off. I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in a minute later and it turned red again.So when do you know it's fully charged? Shouldn't it turn green?And the Instruction sheet is printed so small that I can hardly read it with a magnifying glass.They refer to www.apotop.com.tw for a complete User Manual but I didn't see one there.Other than that the DW17 seems to be working for transferring pictures both ways, memory stick to iPad 3 and back.

I plugged the OEM cord into my iPhone charger, which I plugged into a wall electrical outlet. (I never charge anything by plugging into a PC/laptop, because charging via wall outlet seems more efficient to me given the variability of laptops and PCs.)

The red light stays on until it's fully charged, at which point the light goes off entirely. That's how both my DW17 and DW21 work.

I used the instruction sheet without trouble, so didn't need additional directions. Maybe you can Xerox and increase its size under magnification settings on a copier. If you don't have access to a copier, you could go to a FedEx/Kinko's and they'll do it for you cheap.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I plugged the OEM cord into my iPhone charger, which I plugged into a wall electrical outlet. (I never charge anything by plugging into a PC/laptop, because charging via wall outlet seems more efficient to me given the variability of laptops and PCs.)

The red light stays on until it's fully charged, at which point the light goes off entirely. That's how both my DW17 and DW21 work.

I used the instruction sheet without trouble, so didn't need additional directions. Maybe you can Xerox and increase its size under magnification settings on a copier. If you don't have access to a copier, you could go to a FedEx/Kinko's and they'll do it for you cheap.

Thanks for the info...why didn't I think of it...
I solved the small print (old eyes) by taking a picture withe my iPad and then enlarging it to my needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I solved the small print (old eyes) by taking a picture withe my iPad and then enlarging it to my needs.

The sheet seems unwieldy to me if you have to look at in sections on iPad and keep enlarging each section, so I suggest getting a magnified copy on one sheet, which a copier place can easily do for cheap. But whatever works for you, of course.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The sheet seems unwieldy to me if you have to look at in sections on iPad and keep enlarging each section, so I suggest getting a magnified copy on one sheet, which a copier place can easily do for cheap. But whatever works for you, of course.

Not a bad idea. In the meantime I scanned the page to my PC where I can enlarge what I need more easily.
Since there's no wifi or cable where I live, I'm using the DW17 for up-down loading pictures and documents. In fact I don't need the instructions anymore.
Maybe one of these days, another administration sees to it that all People in the USA have access to wifi just like everybody has access to a phone...I hope.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. In the meantime I scanned the page to my PC where I can enlarge what I need more easily.
Since there's no wifi or cable where I live, I'm using the DW17 for up-down loading pictures and documents. In fact I don't need the instructions anymore.
Maybe one of these days, another administration sees to it that all People in the USA have access to wifi just like everybody has access to a phone...I hope.

I wouldn't use public wifi even if it were free, because it's a security risk. As for wifi at home, that's something people should provide for themselves, IMO.

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LoL! pad camera good for SO many things! quick, easy... i take snaps of serial numbers to enlarge so i can see them to fill out online registration stuff. and bonus they are stored easily accessible when or if needed.

great thread. thanks all for good info on card readers. i think i just stumbled onto something very useful! hadnt really research it before and now i dont have to!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look what I have just bought in my local electronics shop. :)

ypa3uny8.jpg

... It's play time. ;)

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a cool piece of kit. Set up was a breeze.

I downloaded some test photos to a memory stick . Great. Created a folder on the memory stick. Great.

All good so far. However moving the downloaded photos into the test folder was a hit and miss affair. It's not covered well enough in the instruction sheet. Still, practice runs should make me work better with moving files around on the memory stick.

The drive located and listed all of my music on the iPad. I wonder if I can download tracks to play on a computer.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good gear that, I got mine after Gabriel1 posted this excellent overview that got me intetested.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-connect/109434-apotop-wi-reader-wireless-reader-router.html
Andrew

It's a cool piece of kit. Set up was a breeze.

I downloaded some test photos to a memory stick . Great. Created a folder on the memory stick. Great.

All good so far. However moving the downloaded photos into the test folder was a hit and miss affair. It's not covered well enough in the instruction sheet. Still, practice runs should make me work better with moving files around on the memory stick.

The drive located and listed all of my music on the iPad. I wonder if I can download tracks to play on a computer.

This is a great bit of kit, the instructions aren't really that good but to be honest it's so simple that it just takes a little playing around with to get the hang of it.

The Archangel

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using mine while on holidays in Hong Kong and one great feature is it can be used to recharge the iPad or iPhone battery I extended my iPhone to 17 hours no problem. When iPhone battery was at 10% just plugged in the charger turned it on to power and bingo it was charging while I walked the streets of Hong Kong or drinking in bars lol. I also downloaded 200 Picts from the hdsd card to the iPad plus watched several movies I had on a USB stick. I cool device

Colin in Hong Kong

david marindra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an application which enable to create playlist from sort of contents stored in SDHC plugged in apotop dw17?

Most reactions

Latest posts