What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apotop Wi-Reader wireless reader/router

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the UK this device is also marketed as the Adata Air AV200 DashDrive - identical in all but branding.

Thanks for letting us know, I hadn't seen that before.

Also, to add to some earlier posts, there is is also a DW-21. They are coming think and fast with developments which can only be good for us! The entire range (at the time of this post(!) can be seen here!

Edit: this may also be of interest http://www.adata-group.com/index.php?action=product_feature&cid=9&piid=207

Decisions, decisions!

The Archangel

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Also, to add to some earlier posts, there is is also a DW-21. They are coming think and fast with developments which can only be good for us! The entire range (at the time of this post(!) can be seen here!

Edit: this may also be of interest DashDrive? Air AE400 Wireless Storage Reader and Power Bank_Wireless_ADATA Technology

Decisions, decisions!

The Archangel

Good to know. I'd like to maybe get a second one and if there's one with a longer-life battery, great. I will look later.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Edit: this may also be of interest http://www.adata-group.com/index.php?action=product_feature&cid=9&piid=207

Decisions, decisions!

The Archangel

Good to know. I'd like to maybe get a second one and if there's one with a longer-life battery, great. I will look later.

I just realised that I didn't post the link to the Apotep range!! Here it is http://www.carry.com.tw/en/goods.php?catId=8

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just realised that I didn't post the link to the Apotep range!! Here it is ???? ??????????

The Archangel

Thanks, Gabriel!

The DW21 looks good for battery life and transfer speed. My husband noted that the DW17, which I ordered, had only USB 2 and he said it was a bummer that it didn't have USB 3, so it could transfer faster. And now DW21 does! I will see whether it's available in the U.S. if not, I will try to get from Asia.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the DW21 at Newegg.com for $110 and have ordered it for next-day delivery, so I hope to try it out soon.

Newegg.com - Apotop Wi Copy DW21

I usually like to buy via Amazon, but Amazon carried only the two cheaper models for some reason.

I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the 21, I've tried so many iPad gadgets but this is the real "stand-out" so if it is another winner I'd be happy to by another upgraded version.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the 21, I've tried so many iPad gadgets but this is the real "stand-out" so if it is another winner I'd be happy to by another upgraded version.

The Archangel

Sure, I will post on the thread when I've had a chance to kick the tires on the DW21.

The DW17 has worked so far as advertised, and I'm eager to try it out while traveling. My husband is busily ripping movies for a trial run.

I hope we'll help drive demand, so the company will keep making them. The devices will be a real convenience if they hold out. I love that they're compact and allow easy use across devices, including iOS and Android.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sure, I will post on the thread when I've had a chance to kick the tires on the DW21.

The DW17 has worked so far as advertised, and I'm eager to try it out while traveling. My husband is busily ripping movies for a trial run.

I hope we'll help drive demand, so the company will keep making them. The devices will be a real convenience if they hold out. I love that they're compact and allow easy use across devices, including iOS and Android.

I also like the versions which double up as a means of storing power to enable recharging kit when away from mains electricity.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also like the versions which double up as a means of storing power to enable recharging kit when away from mains electricity.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes, good feature. I've got a few external batteries, but it never hurts to have extra juice.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DW21 has arrived and is charging. It's a bummer when electronics come needing charges, instead of ready to come out and play.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DW21 has arrived and is charging. It's a bummer when electronics come needing charges, instead of ready to come out and play.

This has been a great thread!

Thanks to Gabe for posting this and also kaykaykay getting your hot little hands on the new version! Can't wait to see how the new model works!! :)

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've streamed a couple of movies on the DW21, and it's worked without a hitch. I'm a happy customer!

Most reactions

Latest posts