What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apndroid for Ios?

mortymoose69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oranjemundonline.com
I have a handy app installed on my android based phone called Apndroid. In essence it blocks any data being sent to and from your phone at the press of a button. Not for wifi blocking,but rather on your mobile/cellular connection.

I was wondering if anyone out there could suggest an iOS alternative...

Cheers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mortymoose69 said:
I have a handy app installed on my android based phone called Apndroid. In essence it blocks any data being sent to and from your phone at the press of a button. Not for wifi blocking,but rather on your mobile/cellular connection.

I was wondering if anyone out there could suggest an iOS alternative...

Cheers

There's no need for such an app for iOS devices. All you have to do to turn off cellular data is to go to Settings>General>Cellular>Cellular Data, and turn off cellular data.

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the OP is coming with this request as all Android devices with Cellular Data do not require any additional App to terminate Cellular Data.
To terminate your Cellular Data you simply turn off Mobile Data from the Settings.
On Samsung Phones there's even a Widget in the Notification window to turn Mobile Data Off/On without having to drop to the Settings Menu.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya, I'm not sure what he's talking about either, as it's pretty easy to turn off your mobile data on Android.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scottysize said:
Ya, I'm not sure what he's talking about either, as it's pretty easy to turn off your mobile data on Android.

On iOS as well.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP is asking about an app that shortcuts the usual steps on iOS (which is available on Android). There are such apps for brightness, for instance, that put an icon on your iOS screen. I haven't been using a data one, because I have unlimited data, but I know what you're looking for.

These shortcuts used to work, then they stopped working, but you might want to check with the developer on whether he's updated them:

Safari-based iOS shortcuts offer quick access to WiFi toggle, Airplane Mode, more

He did shortcut icons for all sorts of functions, so you didn't have to go through all the steps in Settings for the individual functions you might use frequently.

Most reactions

Latest posts