What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

API error

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded my local newspaper app a couple of weeks ago. I've had no problem making comments...until two days ago. I keep getting this message 'API Error: invalid username or password' my username and password are valid. I have deleted the app and re installed it..to no avail. Can anyone help me on this please?

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May not be your problem.

API = "application programming interface" so it may be a change made by the application vendor that is failing.

Normally an API call will use an internal system level account and password, not an individual user account. There are exceptions to that though depending on what the application is accessing via the API.

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to add to my original post..my husband tried getting into a store website tonight using his username and password..he got the same message. He went in on the desktop and had no problem. So my question is, can a mobile device catch a virus? This has got me concerned.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just wanted to add to my original post..my husband tried getting into a store website tonight using his username and password..he got the same message. He went in on the desktop and had no problem. So my question is, can a mobile device catch a virus? This has got me concerned.

Obviously it can, but Apple servers are highly secure areas. For Apple, security comes first, its even more important than profits.

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It definitely appears to be with the iPad..my husband was able to use the same username and password from the desktop...I have no way of checking my newspaper because it's an app. :-(

Most reactions

Latest posts