What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Marathon Man†To Live Stream Tokyo Marathon With iOS Devices

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLwoM7528Fw[/ame]​

Check out this awesome video from a man called Joseph Tame, a TUAW reader who last year streamed the Tokyo marathon live via an iPhone mounted on his head! This year, according to TUAW, he plans to run the Tokyo marathon once again, only this time he’ll have four rotatable iPhones and an Android handset, as well as an iPad on his chest, which will be monitoring the marathon’s Twitter hashtag of #tm2011. Tame will be streaming video using Skype and FaceTime via several cameras, and the video streams will then be mixed and rebroadcast via Ustream. As well as the video footage, Tame will also be transmitting data about his location, heart rate, temperature and CO2 levels.

Tame is calling his home-made device the iRun, and you can see it in action when the Tokyo marathon takes place on February 27.
It’s all being done in aid of The Tyler Foundation which supports children with cancer and their families in Japan, so for a good cause too. One of the things I love about this, aside from the great views of Tokyo, is the fact that it simply illustrates how much Apple technology has advance in just one year, since the last Tokyo Marathon. Last year, Tame just had one iPhone, this year he can use iPhone 4s with front- and back-facing cameras, FaceTime and the iPad, none of which were around at the same time last year! So cool.

Source: TUAW - Marathon man preps for second live stream, with multiple iPhones, iPad

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do we view it? I have ipad n have skype. The updated skype app that allows u to see video calls. What is his name on skype to add to view or how do we go about watching the stream?

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
How do we view it? I have ipad n have . The updated skype app that allows u to see video calls. What is his name on skype to add to view or how do we go about watching the stream?

If you check out his website here: Tokyo Marathon
I'm sure it'll tell you all the ways you can view the feed when the time comes.

Joseph Tame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marathon run - how to watch it

How do we view it? I have ipad n have . The updated app that allows u to see video calls. What is his name on to add to view or how do we go about watching the stream?

If you check out his website here:
I'm sure it'll tell you all the ways you can view the feed when the time comes.

Thknx

Hi guys, yes, I'll be updating my website just before the event with the live stream etc, so look forward to having you take part then. I'll be monitoring twitter throughout and responding to messages as I run.

Appreciate your interest in the project :)

Most reactions