What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anywhere to buy iPad tax free?

sherry7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than eBay, are there any authorized web retailers to buy the iPad tax free? If not, are there any advantages to buying at the Apple store as opposed to Target, Walmart, etc?

Thanks. :)

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
The only places I imagine would be able to do this would be military exchanges on the respective bases/posts. However, you would need to have a valid military ID in order to purchase anything at these stores. This also depends on if they still sell merchandise sans sales tax. I am not 100% sure at this point.

OP
S

sherry7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am not military, so that isn't an option. I've been checking Amazon for the last several days, and only 3rd party sellers have them, and they are price gouging.

I read somewhere that if you have a Target card, you can get 5% off purchases...which would be almost as good as no sales tax.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you live in Australia or visiting and purchase with in 30 days of leaving the country you receive the get back but then you have to fly to Australia first lol. Oh well just a thought

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oregon also pumps your gas along with NJ

I remember my dad always drove 15 to cross the state line into OR to shop. Now I know why

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they do not have a physical facility in the state, they are not required to charge tax. Since almost all states have an Apple store, it would be required. However, if you are outside city limits, you can get a decent break in most states by not being charged city tax. Amazon is tax free in most states. Make sure that the retailer is not going to charge shipping.

OP
S

sherry7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macmall has them - no tax and free shipping.

Thanks, I had forgotten about Macmall. Hopefully, the online Apple store will have a Black Friday special (crossing fingers), but if not I suppose I'll get it from Macmall.

currocj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I had forgotten about Macmall. Hopefully, the online Apple store will have a Black Friday special (crossing fingers), but if not I suppose I'll get it from Macmall.

Not in California, tax is charged for MacMall

Most reactions

Latest posts