What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyway to use a bb tour for tether to iPad?

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i selected for my blackberry storm to be found by iPad it didnt work, the iPad just had spinning circle on it the whole time.

when i selected for Blackberry to look it found my iPad but wanted a numeric passkey which I don't know what it is, as I never set one.

what does it mean to 'tether' your BB?

does that mean you can remotely access your blackberry via your iPad (ie compose sms on ipad and send it to blackberry) or that you are using your phone's 3G to access the internet?

Thanks

Kati

Last edited:

Nailz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know that too..... Can you tether to your iPhone wirelessly to use the 3G?

joeglo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tethering means to connect to share the Internet connection. Therefore, when you tether your iPad to your Blackberry or iPhone, you are actually using you phone's Internet connection to surf the web, download email, etc. from the iPad. It does not give you access to the root file system of the phone itself or allow you to send text messages from the iPad.

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So for those that successfully tethered their bb with PDA net and ibluever.. How's it working?

sicarii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nm, I figured it out...

For those that don't know I am assumming that you switch on discovery mode on your blackberry so your iPad could find it. The iPad will then give you the passkey.

Actually, it turns out that your passkey on the BB lines up with what you put as your PIN code in iBluever. Really simple, I just misunderstood what it was asking.

However, I am now discovering a different problem. I connect to the BB just fine, I show bluetooth and DUN connected - even see data packets being transferred. However, whenever I try to open a webpage, I get a network 303 error. This is for any webpage, even google. Anyone run into this?

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine wont work. :confused:

The ipad didnt find the BB i was just getting the swirling icon, the BB found the iPad though and my Macbook, i didnt even relaise the Bluetooth was switched on, on my Macbook!

I tried the passkey I think it was the 0000 one worked, then the ipad did ask me for a Pin number for the blackberry. I managed to find that and put it in, tried several times but i just keep getting message on iPad that it was unable to pair with the device.

Any ideas?

Most reactions